Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
there are loads of switches on my new car and nothing to point to what they are,i have two toggle switches by the gear stick ??????????? an on/off switch by the steering wheel,once again?????????i dont know what internals the turbo has but the car has a lot of goodies,stainless turbo elbow/downpipe etc.... and the boost controller setting are at 0.7 low boost and a bar high,have not run a bar as the a/f converter for fuelling is all at 0 so this needs setting up,have found this in the engine bay and dont quite know what it is,any ideas?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
picture not showing fella

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Just had a quick look through google mate, and i cant seem to come up with anything. Would be interested to know though.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
what is it wired up to?

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are that many wires and cables and they go into conduit so it would be a pain to trace,i thought it was to do with the lights,wondering if they are HID

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
if its a hid kit there should be two of them with big thick wires running off themt owards the headlights.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Japan Nikko Denshi (NKD) Is only thing I have found They appear to make cyrstal oscillators

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cyrstal oscillators,WTF are they?
I do have some solar pannels in the car,one big one in the rear window and a tiny one in the front(unplugged them now and removed),i assume these are to charge the batterybut the battery is in the boot so if this is to do with that then why is it under the bonnet?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
RRRR Could be on to something there then, Crystal oscillators would smooth and controll the Frequency andf Current,

ECS I would guess stands for Electric Current Stabilser. Now that is a pure guess. But with that Info might be able to find out more now.

Would matter where the unit was as long as it was connected correctly.

EDIT :

Nikko Denshi Kogyo K K

SIC:power, Distribution, and Specialty Transformers

The info I found before was a company selling the Crystal oscillators to them.

Must be a transformer of some sort for your solar panels fella

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
traced the wires as far as i could and found two big ones for live and negative and quite a lot going to various parts of the engine and into conduit so thats as far as i went,others went through the bulk head,still dont have a clue what it is

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
LOL is it still live and do the lights come on ???

Intrigued to know what it is now LOL

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dont think its related to the lights,i will keep on trying to find what it is,i also have a switch in the cab that i cant trace either,when turned on it loads the engine (like the lights have been put on)but i cannot find what it does,nothing lights up,no fans start,no extra noises,just a switch that turns on/off

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I meant do the lights activate on the box Fella, As in the green and red one !!

·
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok,regarding the on/off switch that appears to do nothing,i think the swich is hicas related,with it off the car seems a bit all over the place at low speed,seems to stabalise when turned on,i think this may be how its delimited because i have read about wire 53 and how this takes the 112mph limit off but can upset the hicas,have not really had chance to see if the car is still limited with it on but does anyone know if i could be onto something

·
Registered
161 Posts
its one of those super funky fuel efficiency boosters... right up there with fuel tank pebbles and fuel ionisers. It reads ECS Super Gas Turbo 5C-K

One of these:
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r40389095

Its meant to boost your fuel efficiency and power. Its a bit of a placebo for cars, at best its a basic grounding kit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts