Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres my dilemma. i have a r33gtst its is supposed to run 250bhp standard. the mods i have so far are: arc front mount intercooler,hks induction, hks downpipe,hiper muffler and decat. ive been told this should hit 280bhp but it is pushing less than standard. any ideas?please help as my car is very sick

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Who did the work, what fuel you using, has it been tuned to accept these new mods ?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gary put the exhaust on the induction was there when i bought it and the from mount intercooler i got fitted after i had a 'slight' front end knock. hasnt felt the same since. i always use optimax and i dont think its been put on the rollers etc for the parts no.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Firstly does it idle properly. ?

Also with an intercooler change it might be larger lag and need to have the ecu remapped slightly.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and it feels like ive lost power at low revs too. used to get 2nd gear hit 60-65 mph now it does about 45

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you turn it over the rev line jumps about somewhat. between say 0 and 1.5 like ur tapping the pedal. i know it is running slightly lean (not dangerous amounts though) the exhaust note dont sound like it did when it was fitted couple weeks ago either.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Sounds suspiciously like you need to pay a visit to Dr Mark down at Abbey or someone similar to me

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was actually thinking that. it does need a service. although it has a brand new filter and greddy racing plugs.its really getting on me :boobies:

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Sounds to me like an air leak or an idle speed control valve problem. But thats my opinion

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well do you think its gonna be expensive? its not been running right since i crashed her and did fron end damage but it was all superficial

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Thats an endless question, but one nevertheless which can only be answered when someone can look at it.

Its difficult to diagnose something online when all you can see is text.

Have you checked all the hoses for air leaks ?
Start at the most simplest places if you are not going to give it to someone to look at, but take your time inspecting everything.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i dont know enough about the car to do it myself.actually i dont know fcuk all! im gonna take it somewhere. i just hope it will be better for jap fest. or i may have to back out!:(

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Good, as your close to Abbey I am sure they would be glad to help you out speak to Mark. I am sure it will be all ok for Jap Fest, give him a call.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
yip no problem good luck, see you there.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
You can usually hear an air leak though, and we are talking quite a large drop off in performance. I think another thing to think about it is how much more damage am i doing driving it round whilst thinking about it

Personally id get it on a gas analyser just to make sure your not going to really damage anything and then get it looked at. I wouldnt worry too much about the revs at idle mine does something similar if i dont leave the ignition on for a second or so before turning it over. I doubt the idle speed regulator would affect the perfomance to dramatically in other ways

t'pope

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know there is a big difference in engine and performance but my mate has a punto gt turbo and he looked at it last night. he thinks perhaps the wastegate or something is releasing the pressure properly or building up, stuck whatever. im not driving it really that much as i got a renault 19 1.4 beast!lol

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Did you ever find out what the problem was skylineboy? Sounds like the route I would like to take mods wise... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts