Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 1998 r33 gts like this and I knew something wasnt sitting right with the bonnet, but the car is mint every where else so i bought it.

From what i can make it's either the lights or the bonnet are wrong...I think its a series 1 bonnet on my series 2????

Do you think i am right or is it the wrong lights?

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Looks like you have a spec 1 bonnet on a spec 2 car.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
yeah defo wrong bonnet or wrong headlights.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
yup thats what it looks like ..so two options ...sell lights or change bonnet ....if you plump for selling lights gimme a shout i need a spec two set

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Also who would buy a set of lights - presumably because the old ones were yellowed/faded , whatever - realise they were the wrong ones, put them on any way, stand back and think, "Hmmm they dont look right at all. Ah well thats a good job well done" and then just leave it! :screwy:

·
Skyline Crazy
41 Posts
You have a spec 2 gts with a spec 1 bonnet and bumper...
spec 1 gts were made 93 to 95.

And btw knight-racer, thanks again for the cf bonnet. Love it :)

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
we have in stock a used spec 2 bonnet

and a few NEW carbon bonnet for a spec2 car

thanks
i'd agree its a spec 1 bonnet you have there, go for a carbon one from the guys, yr never look back......the time you wait and find a spec 2 bonnet (and if its not stone chipped) yr be better off a carbon one.....thats what i did, the best mos i ever made.....:bigthumb:

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
I was reading about this last night on wikepedia and copied it for you......

Among the cosmetic changes in the series 2 were, the headlights which tapered down more towards the grill and were fitted with improved reflectors, the grill (which was longer on the Series 1), the bonnet which had a re-shaped leading edge to fit the new lights and front bumper changing shape in the smallest amount to match the lower edge of the new headlights
HTH
vini

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
well if it's a 98 then it's bumper and the bonnet that are wrong, both spe1 on a spec 2 car

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
You do indeed have a Spec1 bonnet, and your car is Spec2 so they are incompatible.

We do have a standard Spec2 bonnet in stock if you are interested which will fit your car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers lad...its defo the bonnet, i have tracked one down for €200 same colour and evrything, and the guy live 10mins away from me!!! SWEET!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts