Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I went to two tyre companies in Sittingbourne to get the tracking on my car done. Both said that they did not have the settings to do it. One said that the car was too low to get on the ramp and the other said that If i can get the settings perhaps they can do it.

Anyone had this sort of prob before, or know what the settings might be. R33
Where do you guys usually get your balancing done?

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
It took me 6 garages to find one that would balance my wheels. The tyre place that did my tracking (when my ex took it there) told me that my Ultralite Nurburgs' were a weak alloy and could not be balanced!!:whip:

Even tried Kwikfit in desperation (who also said my wheels were unbalancable), but still no luck, in the end I went to the same company that did my tracking, but in a different town and the lads there were great, although it did require some small wooden blocks and a bit of thought!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
My local regular place didn't have a ramp low enough for my car, so I took it to Kwik-Fit.
After bouncing my front bumper off the ramp on the way up, the guy then proceeded to do my wheel alignments, presumably he was some kind of guru, as he never even bothered consulting any kind of settings. In another moment of truly inspired genius, he also couldn't figure out the button on the steering column to release the key.
And I only had to shell out £25 for this priviledge.

·
Seasoned Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Rich I went to that website and printed out some settings. Its total greek to me but I am assuming a tyre place will say they look familiar. its worth a try.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Just be sure to get the right set for your model, and the case of the BCNR the last time I looked on there they ahd the C & N back to front so the page wouldn't load, simply delete the incorrect letter in the page URL when it fails and enter it correctlythen hit enter to reach the correct page for that model.

Aitch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts