Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to get my hands on some wheel arches for the rear of my gtst, i have been told i can paint then glue them on, could someone please let me know what glue i need for this. Thanks.

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
I can tell you EXACTLY how to fit them as this is the process my skyline is goin through rite now.

you use stikaflex. stick them on then clamp them down with C claps (make sure before you do that you prep the area and put a thin line of tiger seal on it to act like a key/protection).

once set you get a thing layer of liquid fibreglass and put it along the edge so it seals the top of the arch line correctly once hardend sand down then skim lightly with filler.

remember to use some underseal on the inside of the arh itself once fitted to the car (if not you run the risk of muck getting behind the arches and rust will accure under the arch where you wont be able ot see it (due to the 400r arches are over laping)

one thats done you really shoul spray them black to see if there is any imperfections. once done you then spray them the colour of the car whilst they are on the car. that way you can lightly blend/feather the colour in with your actual bodywork.

most of time you see people have sprayed them before hand slapped them on there car and realised the new paint is alot deeper then the faded original paint work of the car lol.

this is how my arches look at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.