Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i searched and cant find a guide :( any links?

basically I'm looking for info. I've removed existing boss from an r32. and am installing a snap off wheel.

I got the HKB one (with hicas connector)
I removed the wheel and there was a whit circular disc that spun round a bit when I disconnected the horn connector/Hicas(I'm assuming) Where does this need to be? is it central with the wheels pointing straight ahead?

Also the hicas connector plugs into the connector on the column. where does the other end (spade connector) go? on the back of the snap off hub there's 2 flat conenctors for the spades but which one?

Arrggh.. pretty confused and dont want to mess it up further any links or help would be appreciated!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I have the same boss on my 32. That white disc is indeed for the hicas. I think it essentially needs to be in the same place as it was when you took the wheel off. I had to turn mine a bit to get my boss to line up, which threw my Hicas out of whack. The light would come on after 10 mins of driving, and if I floored it hard from 60 to 70 the back end would start to crab out. Ended up getting the Tomei Hicas locking kit fitted, and the car handled even better than before I messed the Hicas up. Rear end doesn't twitch over rough roads anymore.

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Oh and for the spade connector, when I fitted my wheel I found there was nowhere to connect the ground spade either, so I jammed it into the side of my horn button, so it touches the metal on the inside edge. Worked perfectly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great. so my hicas is messed up. any ideas what the hicas disc looks like straight ahead?

What about on the boss theres 2 male connectors for spades that connect to the steering wheel yes?

·
Registered
53 Posts
when my wheel is pointed straight ahead, my "Disc' is pointed so that the long piece of plastic is at the 9 o clock position and the electrical portion is at the 3 o clock position. I just did my steering boss today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
horn sorted, I wedged it in betweeen the snapoff boss and the HKB boss.

I dont think the hicas is connected somehow as its made no difference to the hicas (no lights on ever, on start up or driving) is ok as i will be looking to get a hicas lockout bar sorted soon and loop the power steeering lines.

I might adjust the disc to your comment above hondatonissan as a precaution, but seems to drive and diff up ok

1 - 7 of 7 Posts