Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after buying the 'unique' 350, I came across what could have been a major problem - wheel nuts. The car didn't come with the correct socket to take off the wheel nuts. The alloys (whether they are Nismo LM GT4s remains to be seen) have very deep cavities for the nuts to sit in. They are 21mm - so I had to scour the net for a 21mm socket with thin walls (28mm), and a very long shank - turned out to be a van nut socket :) So at least I can now get the wheels off to get them balanced; I have a vibration over 60mph. Next trouble was that the centre caps are held on by 3mm allen bolts and of course they didn't want to come off either. Ordered a new key to make sure it had proper edges. With any luck I am now set to be able to not only get the wheels off but can actually get them balanced too!!! Will keep you all posted, and also should be able to identify the wheels, offset etc....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hope you get it sorted! Just to make you feel better I drove All the way back from up north to down south when I got the 33 only to find out the wheel brace didn't fit! Made it though! Could have been a pain if got puncture

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i had the same problem so bought a set of tuner nuts. these use a key ( star shaped thing) that fits into the center of the nut and not around the outside. works a treat and no problem with the socket size.

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had the same problem so bought a set of tuner nuts. these use a key ( star shaped thing) that fits into the center of the nut and not around the outside. works a treat and no problem with the socket size.
went the tuner route on my 32 - I have a socket that will fit the GT now, but long term I will go internal drive :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts