Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right. On the grounds my insurance are playing nasty and refusing to shell out for replacing four GT-Ns as one is destroyed and they are unavailable, and I stubbornly refuse to drive with three GT-Ns and one 18x10 of whatever make I can get, time to start looking for a 'cheap' set of 18x10.

So I'd like to ask you lot for some help.

Looking for 18x10, minimum 8 spokes, deep dish rim. Must cost an absolute maximum of £1500 for the four, no tyres or locking nuts required.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
ultralite gt11s all the way mate :drool:

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
GTII's would suit your car down to the ground as well Jae.

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Not many 'cheap' 18x10's around

Try the new Rota 'Grid Drift' (TE37 Rip off) or Boost Drift (RGII Rip off) if your after cast wheels.

For something more JDM think about a set of Work XD9 in 18x10, not cheap, but still cheaper than Volks etc

Happy hunting, shame about the GT-N's!:(

·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thank you for the impressive response in no time at all.

Hope I don't ostracise myself from further help when I say there isn't a wheel there I even remotely like.:sorry:

Can't watch the auctions because my insurance company will be fronting up and if I see some I really like it'll just make things worse.

Yeah, I know there are bugger all choices for a set of decent 18x10 for fifteen hundred notes. But that is me being optimistic. Currently they've only upped their offer to a grand. Completely non-fault accident and supposedly top performance car insurers. As soon as they found there was no third party to charge for the service they give me, their true colours came out. (Deep breath. Fingers off keyboard. Walking away now.)

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
What was it you didn't like? Let us know and we can adjust our recommendations ;)

·
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, you're just setting me up for a burning.

Okay. Nothing else intersting going on... :D

GTIIs are five spokes. Just does not work for me.

Nurburgrings are just, well, nasty. Any of the V-set or Y-set spoke patterns just turn me cold.

The classic 5 spokes (TE37, GT1 etc), well, it's just not enough spokes.

Best recommendation from the GTR register is Works XD9, just in the price range and available in silver.

But more suggestions are welcome.

Even checked out Image Wheels, but a set of Billet 63's would be £1800+

I think what gets me the most is the no-win situation. I cannot have a new GT-N (barring miracles, not all avenues of enquiry are dead yet) and cannot replace them with anything remotely comparable (from my point of view).

The insurance company insistence on my driving with a mismatched wheel set still makes me shudder in shock at the sheer, crass ignorance of a company with people who supposedly understand modified cars and their owners.

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
Nurburgrings are just, well, nasty. Any of the V-set or Y-set spoke patterns just turn me cold.

wow you must be in the extreme minority of people who think that LOL,one of the 2 in the uk

joking aside im sure there are some out there for you

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
im guessing that jae's wheel hunt will be the longest in so.com history,jae wont have any shite wheels

i think the wed sport sa97f is nice,not sure its your taste though,infact all the wedsports would look great on yours,or advan rz's

1 - 20 of 38 Posts