Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its on now but you can catch it from the beginning on Disco +1 at 9pm. I've set to record but I've read on another forum that they've made a right mess of it at the end.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have to say where they did a very questionable style aesthetically, the engine tuning side was pretty good however.

·
12,294 Posts
They didn't do enough engine tuning though, they tested compression, fitted an intercooler and radiator setup, and had someone map the standard engine. I was hoping they would have at least turned the boost up a bit or something. Could have thrown more money under the bonnet instead of wasting it on the bloody wheels and decals. And no way in hell the guy who sold it for 5k would then buy it back again for nearly double.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
How to ruin a perfectly good RX7! they both need a tug from the taste police for that.:shakehead:

·
Registered
305 Posts
The car was reasonably ugly in the first place. Wicked coatings got another huge nod with what was a very interesting (daring even) styling choice for the wheels. However probably the ultimate sin just had to be the graphics stuck over the car which just didn't work and ruined the car. The highlight of the show was at the end when various RX7 owners got together and proved the old adage, just because you can, does not necessarily mean, you should. I actually cringed at the chap in his race suit (or was it a romper suit). Best part and saving grace of the show was Ed showing how a rotary engine worked. The end did feel a bit like a set up, possibly rigged from the start.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I loved the car as it looked when they bought it. should have just tuned it n left it alone. I do have a hankering for another rx7

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
As an RX7 owner..... WTF!! Not only were the decals completely out of whack with the car, image, history, anything..... they managed to ****ed up a nice original set of BBS LM's. What the hell has snake skin got to do with a Japanese sports car?

I'm not a fan of the Mazdaspeed front bumpereither, but after what they did, I guess that is the least of its problems now.

·
Registered
230 Posts
lol! no way, heard something before about the skyline one being dodgy. Those wheels are shocking, no way would someone who was into jap imports buy it back of them!

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
not seen it yet - got it recorded and looking fwd to watching it this wkend

i gotta say tho - we might not agree on the styling etc but it is good to see them going through a whole gamut of cars - i mean they've had all manner of classics, old fords, lambos, and a good few jap cars so its great to see them really digging into so many different cars and doing new episodes - i'm actually enjoying this far more than top gear which is a severely tired formula now. I come away from this programme often having learnt something so thats cool :)

even if it is 'dont barry a skyline'

·
Registered
230 Posts
Saw something on fb the other day about some drift team I think from Ireland that buy rx8's and drop different engines into them

As for TopGear don't get me started lol, think they've lost the plot recently that one about bicycles this season killed it for me

Looked on Sky+ but cant find the rx-7 one but downloaded the Porsche episode

1 - 20 of 41 Posts