Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
i run 255 40 17 on a 9j wheel with no problems and im sure a lot of others on here also do..

well i say no problem.. i need to get my arches rolled but i blame that on the 38 offset lol.

the tyres themselfs fit the wheels just fine.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
245-45-17 allround.... I couldn't get the car that low then. I don't want to raise the coilovers that much really.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't see a problem, mine is lowered a fair bit (cant get finger between top of tyre and wheel arch lip) and have had no problems
Hah, I'd figured the tyres would be to wide. Thanks for the info! :D
No problems with tyres rubbing against the arches? Arches are still standard, as in not rolled or anything??

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Hah, I'd figured the tyres would be to wide. Thanks for the info! :D
No problems with tyres rubbing against the arches? Arches are still standard, as in not rolled or anything??
No arches have not been rolled at all, but the coil overs are set that stiff on mine that there is very little suspension travel anyway.

I would say choice of tyre is important as the sidewalls on the bridgstones i have on now curve in slightly so gives a few mm extra clearence.

I did however have a pair of nexens (i know i know) fitted at one point and the sides of the tyres were much flatter and did under very hard cornering catch slightly.

If you want to play safe then go for 235 tyres, but i really dont think there is any need to be honest

1 - 12 of 12 Posts