Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so go take the kids swimming get in the pool after 2 mins i release that my new i phone is in my shorts pocket i'm bloody gutted not on contract either bought it out right from the apple store, after 20 mins the white light came on at the back and the phione is giving of some heat

£480 gone for having a daft moment

gutted

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Theres a new one for the phone designers, include a humidity sensor that rings the phone when it gets too near water, however I don't think so as they wont sell so many phones that way, well at least to snaky anyway;)

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Theres a new one for the phone designers, include a humidity sensor that rings the phone when it gets too near water, however I don't think so as they wont sell so many phones that way, well at least to snaky anyway;)
lol been told to take it in to the apple store and they say they can fix it but i'm wondering if it will be cheaper to buy another one

·
516ATF and RWD......Nutter!!
1,685 Posts
IS it covered in your house insurance.....under personal possessions away from home?

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
IS it covered in your house insurance.....under personal possessions away from home?
That's a point, but I am not sure if they actually cover phones, as there are so many mobile insurance company's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Take the battery out and pop it in a jar with rice in it :) sometimes brings phones back from going for a swim.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

·
Assassino
5,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That really is gutting. Any idea what Apple would charge to repair?

they are having a look on Monday but there is a little white bit inside the phone which turns red if exposed to water so i think as soon as they see that im out

Take the battery out and pop it in a jar with rice in it :) sometimes brings phones back from going for a swim.
tried it mate but no luck

·
West Sussex Area Rep
4,952 Posts
My nephew dropped his in the sink. Got a loud of those silicone packs that come with certain items to absoeb moisture etc. Left in them overnight and it worked in the morning.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts