Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it wasn't raining at the time I felt compelled to perform an overdue check of my spark plugs yesterday afternoon. They looked pretty good, but I gave a couple of them a wire brush scrub-up. Now I have developed a low-rpm misfire where I didn't before, so they'll all have to come out again! Just as well I have a spare set of plugs and coil-packs...Grrrrrr.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps you have slightly cracked the ceramic on one of the plugs?
Okay.....that's a bit creepy: with the sun shining I took another look under the bonnet over lunch in the company car park....and plug number six fell to bits in my hand! I only retightened to 20nm on Sunday, so I have my suspicions that this plug may have been over tight when originally fitted. New set went straight in and I think she's cured.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sometimes the plug socket can tip over slightly when you crack them off and it can put even just a tiny hairline crack in the ceramic, enough for the spark to escape.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Okay.....that's a bit creepy: with the sun shining I took another look under the bonnet over lunch in the company car park....and plug number six fell to bits in my hand! I only retightened to 20nm on Sunday, so I have my suspicions that this plug may have been over tight when originally fitted. New set went straight in and I think she's cured.
As liam said there its not a plug at fault its your plug socket or the way you used it I see it the whole time people complaining there rb is misfireing this is wrong thats wrong ask the whag they have done. Tell them its the plugs at fault "cant be there only new" im sick hearing that when they broke them fitting them!

When changing spark plugs use a uneversal joint with the socket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts