Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so here's my new bumper and I have jap plates so i don't want to put it here (red) cause i dont to cover the mesh I also do do not want a uk long plate across here either.

I have seen some people with stickers here (green) but is this legal?

I have also seen some people with a smaller square one on one side but I'm fairly sure that's not legal based on the size. I don't want to put one in my window/not sure if that's actually fully legal either.

What are my options here? I did have a look at gov.uk for their legislation but I didn't find it very helpful. I think i remember vaguely reading somewhere that you can apply to have allowances if you think a front plate would ruin the aesthetics of your vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Off to one side is fine, sure that Ronzilla on here has done just that with no troubles.

I just put mine in windscreen and havn't had any probs yet - it's not a daily though - apart from getting into some car parks using APNR

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
I started writing a reply to this

because I'm bored I got carried away and made a thread

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/27-exterior-interior-modifications/301722-properly-researched-guide-into-number-plates-law.html#post2699906

All your questions answered.

Summary... a "square" plate is legal if it's the right size and follows all the laws i mention in that thread

it can be off to 1 side. thats fine, as long as its on the vertical plane etc like i mention in the thread

a sticker is illigal

should keep you on the right side of the old bill

·
Registered
205 Posts
I started writing a reply to this

because I'm bored I got carried away and made a thread

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/27-exterior-interior-modifications/301722-properly-researched-guide-into-number-plates-law.html#post2699906

All your questions answered.

Summary... a "square" plate is legal if it's the right size and follows all the laws i mention in that thread

it can be off to 1 side. thats fine, as long as its on the vertical plane etc like i mention in the thread

a sticker is illigal

should keep you on the right side of the old bill
Just like the wife car -

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for replies guys really helpful. Big thanks Adam, it's funny you said about anpr I've noticed new signs up on a few of my routes aswel

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts