Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one off ebay a while back but haven't fitted it as it looks a bit guff and it only had 9mm fittings.

Have been scouring ebay and there are a few that look a bit better but most in the states, very expensive and not coming with enough hose anyway. Is there anywhere in the uk that supply them?

I know that anything can be used really but lets face it, nobody wants a coke bottle held on with gaffer tape in their engine bay!

Ideally i think i want one up to 1L max (space is at a premium!), with a breather filter, 15mm fiitings, plenty spare hose and ideally a 3 way 15mm t piece too. Suggestions?

:cheers:

·
Banned
3,478 Posts
Darth, i'm an authorised Forge Motorsport dealer - take a look HERE and let me know if you're interested in any of them. All VERY HIGH QUALITY - and excellent prices :smoker:

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a look daemon, not seeing anything that just jumps out and shouts 'buy me!'. Have no doubt they are top quality but they all look either too big or too rich for my tastes! Cheers anyways.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi Darth, if you can handle the multiple screens have a look on www.takakaira.co.jp thats where I got my one from. envy, driftworks, newera, and all the other "usual suspects" do them too. Can't remember for sure but I think Rising Sun Performance did shiny catch can/washer bottles, theres a thread somewhere on here about them.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Richf said:
I bought one of the custom chrome ones from the japfest

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OIL-CATCH-CAN-TANK-FTO-MR2-Skyline-Clio-Corsa-200sx_W0QQitemZ320038867022QQihZ011QQcategoryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

same as that one , fitted it in place of the carbon canister
Have seen a lot of these ones about as weel as the original greddy one but i am slightly confused by the design. It appears to have 3 outlets. I get the 2 at the top but the bottom one, should that not be plug instead of a pipe?

Andy - had a look round that website. Did you get stung for import tax? Liking the look of the nismo one for the 34gtr but i dont think i can justify the $360!

·
Banned
1,919 Posts
DarthPalmer said:
Have seen a lot of these ones about as weel as the original greddy one but i am slightly confused by the design. It appears to have 3 outlets. I get the 2 at the top but the bottom one, should that not be plug instead of a pipe?

Andy - had a look round that website. Did you get stung for import tax? Liking the look of the nismo one for the 34gtr but i dont think i can justify the $360!
the bottom thing is a drain plug not an outlet:)

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i have one of those as well but i got some new 16mm fittings for the top two

and replaced the bottom one with a tap to drain the oil when it fills up

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
honkongphoie said:
i have one of those as well but i got some new 16mm fittings for the top two

and replaced the bottom one with a tap to drain the oil when it fills up
This is what i mean. I want a kit that has everything i need. Don't wanna be buying one then having bugger about trying to source the correct size fittings, a tap and extra hose i need to fit the thing!

Where did you get your bits from anyway hongkongphoie?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
my local hardware store that sold air compressor fittings, i think they are UNF thread, cost me less then £5

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
mutleysfriend said:
Could someone explain to me what a catch tank is and why it is needed.
TIA
mf.
To catch the oil vapour that would normally be fed into your intake and finally the engine itself.

Loads of threads on this, do a search. :)

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eric anderson said:
got my new oil catch tank for my r33 it is a washer tank and catch tank and it fits in were my washer tank was and looks so cool :smoker:
Does look good eric. Unfortunately my battery is in the way to fit one there. I'm pretty chuffed with mine ( the second attempt!) Fitted and plumbed now although i need to get some better hose and fiitings at some point as i dont think the stuff i have is going to like prolonged exposure to the top of the engine and jubilee clips look sucky!

One point on this though. After plumbing it in, i was about to block off the one way valve and intake to the induction pipework but thought why not just pipe them together? So i did. Is there any reason this is a bad idea?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The catch tank also needs to get rid of the air that comes out of the engine (blowby gases), I don't see how the Nismo one works, as it just re-routes it back to the sump side?
I would say if it is not connected to the inlet side, the catch tank must have a filter on it to allow the gases to escape.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts