Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
As the title says where did you get your skylines from? I'm located in Texas and from the few dealers I have found most are on the East coast ( Montu Motors, FL Japaneseclassics, VA HiRev motors, FL) Weat Coast (RHD Specialties, WA)
Although I am not opposed to travel to one of this places to check out and buy a car I was wondering if there is another dealer closer to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine from GT-R Garage. They are located in Portland but deliver to most major ports. I'm in AZ so I got mine at Long Beach Ca, but they deliver to Corpus Cristi. Should be a little closer for you

·
Registered
106 Posts
Lots of guys over in Texas must be getting skylines. I was over at Montu a few days ago and they told me two skylines (a GTS-t and a GTR) were about to go en-route to Texas. The past couple months I've been around them they've sent over about 10-12 of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Buyer Beware Phase9motorsports

I purchased an 89 GTR from Franz of Phase9motorsports out of Anaheim CA. The car was advertized as a one owner with 31k original miles. Every picture advertised by them on facebook, ebay etc showed a perfect car inside and out. There are also several testimonial videos on Youtube with customers raving about the quality of the cars they sell.
Upon delivery of the car I relized that they had switched all the seats, steering wheel floor mats and even removed the battery tie down. Basically stripped out the good parts in the pictures and replaced them with old worn out ones. It also came with no ducumentation as to its one owner history or any service history at all. When I attempted to address these issues with Franz, the owner of the company, he completely ignored me attesting to his lack of character and integrity. If you decide to buy from Phase9motorsports, protect yourself, get everything in writing first and if possible pick the car up yourself. Good luck. Frank

·
yup
7 Posts
Hi everyone,
As the title says where did you get your skylines from? I'm located in Texas and from the few dealers I have found most are on the East coast ( Montu Motors, FL Japaneseclassics, VA HiRev motors, FL) Weat Coast (RHD Specialties, WA)
Although I am not opposed to travel to one of this places to check out and buy a car I was wondering if there is another dealer closer to me.
I got mine though JDM Friends in Houston (they have a FB page)
best part was I drove it home from the port
Super easy working with them

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't buy from Phase9motorsports!

I bought what was advertised as a 1989 GTR that was a very clean, original owner car with 31000 miles from Phase9motorsports in Anaheim CA. The owner Franz advertised the car on facebook and ebay with many pictures showing an exceptionally clean car inside and out. There are also several testamonial videos on youtube attesting to the quality of their cars. The car #3394 can be seen on thier facebook page. The interior of the car was perfect with no flaws whatsoever. Upon delivery of the vehicle I immediately noticed that all the seats, steering wheel, interior door handles, floor mats and the air intake system had all been changed for far less quality ones. He even removed the battery tie down so the battery was just moving around in the engine bay. When I reached out to him he denied any wrongdoing and has since not responded to any of my inquiries. I purchased many cars through the years and have never dealt with anyone with such lack of integrity as Franz Tissera from Phase9motorsports. If you decide to buy from them, which I would advise against, then do whatever you must to protest yourself. Buyer Beware.
Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought what was advertised as a 1989 GTR that was a very clean, original owner car with 31000 miles from Phase9motorsports in Anaheim CA. The owner Franz advertised the car on facebook and ebay with many pictures showing an exceptionally clean car inside and out. There are also several testamonial videos on youtube attesting to the quality of their cars. The car #3394 can be seen on thier facebook page. The interior of the car was perfect with no flaws whatsoever. Upon delivery of the vehicle I immediately noticed that all the seats, steering wheel, interior door handles, floor mats and the air intake system had all been changed for far less quality ones. He even removed the battery tie down so the battery was just moving around in the engine bay. When I reached out to him he denied any wrongdoing and has since not responded to any of my inquiries. I purchased many cars through the years and have never dealt with anyone with such lack of integrity as Franz Tissera from Phase9motorsports. If you decide to buy from them, which I would advise against, then do whatever you must to protest yourself. Buyer Beware.
Frank
This is not a good thing to hear, I just put a deposit down on car #2992. It looks like the floor mats that were used in your car were placed into the one i just put a deposit on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would recommend you either pick up the car yourself or have someone there to see it get on the delivery truck. Would not want you to go through what Im going through. Don't trust that shady mother f'er!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got mine from International Vehicle Importers in Cali. Unfortunately they just had a bad fire at their warehouse that totaled several cars but plenty of people have bought from them with no issue and they have other cars still available since they have several warehouses in Cali and Washington.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased my 92 GTS-4 from Japanese classics in Richmond va. They are very nice to deal with but make sure you do a very thorough mechanical inspection or take someone with you that knows what to look for.
Let me preface my next comments with I am extremely pleased with and already consider my GTS-4 as one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. But...
I don't believe Japanese Classics diliberately missed, hid, or mislead me on anything. That being said things were missed, by them and myself, at the dealership upon purchase. They did find an exhaust leak in the muffler and replaced it, which was great. When I did my walk through I saw no rust or anything beyond aesthetic on the undercarriage. The blaring miss was the torn cv boot on the front driver side axel which if gone unnoticed too long would have reeked havok on the axel. The brake rotors barely had a surface anymore. They were not making any noises and were still stopping the car sufficiently so I didn't really do any further inspection. Later I had discovered a lip on the rotors like I had never seen before. I was planning on replacing the pads and rotors in my consideration for purchasing the car anyways, so on one hand no big deal, but on the other hand in the condition they were in they should probably have replaced them before I drove off the lot. I also discovered when I want to I stopped for gas a few miles down the road to fill up for the drive home that the oil was probably over a quart low. Again, my miss, but I guess I hadn't imagined they would not address such incredibly basic maintenance.
The point of my post is be thorough during your inspection of the car before buying it. I realize this is an obvious common sense point to make. Nevertheless I wanted to make it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A friend of mine just has recently contacted the seller on ebay. I took quite a bit of time but all workec out good at the end of the day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car that i just recently purchased from Franz at phase9motorsports has been delivered. The car has surpassed my expectations. The car is exactly how Franz described it. I got all the factory service records and required paper work with it. The entire process was very easy and straight forward, I would recommend phase9motorsports to anyone looking to buy a r32.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I purchased my 92 GTS-4 from Japanese classics in Richmond va. They are very nice to deal with but make sure you do a very thorough mechanical inspection or take someone with you that knows what to look for.
Let me preface my next comments with I am extremely pleased with and already consider my GTS-4 as one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. But...
I don't believe Japanese Classics diliberately missed, hid, or mislead me on anything. That being said things were missed, by them and myself, at the dealership upon purchase. They did find an exhaust leak in the muffler and replaced it, which was great. When I did my walk through I saw no rust or anything beyond aesthetic on the undercarriage. The blaring miss was the torn cv boot on the front driver side axel which if gone unnoticed too long would have reeked havok on the axel. The brake rotors barely had a surface anymore. They were not making any noises and were still stopping the car sufficiently so I didn't really do any further inspection. Later I had discovered a lip on the rotors like I had never seen before. I was planning on replacing the pads and rotors in my consideration for purchasing the car anyways, so on one hand no big deal, but on the other hand in the condition they were in they should probably have replaced them before I drove off the lot. I also discovered when I want to I stopped for gas a few miles down the road to fill up for the drive home that the oil was probably over a quart low. Again, my miss, but I guess I hadn't imagined they would not address such incredibly basic maintenance.
The point of my post is be thorough during your inspection of the car before buying it. I realize this is an obvious common sense point to make. Nevertheless I wanted to make it.
1992 is not legal for import yet!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the process of buying one from Hi-Rev out of Florida. 1991 gtst with 33k in mint condition. Awesome awesome awesome customer service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chris @ Driver Motorsports in VA is the man!!!! No lies, i never saw the car, had a buddy go look to make sure it's what it was. Shipped to my door in FLORIDA for 447.oo. Less than 44 original miles on it....super clean silver (originallY). I would look at their selection. I live close to MONTU and as they were nice guys the car i went to see was garbage compared to the pictures..i went ready to pay cash....glad i didn't impulse buy....whoa!!!!

Rivsu is based in FLA and HOUSTON so check them out, nothing but good things i have heard about them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just found a guy in Canada. I flew up, check it out, then did all the paperwork at Customs and Border to import through, then drive back to Alabama. In all honesty, the paperwork and stuff is pretty easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chris @ Driver Motorsports in VA is the man!!!! No lies, i never saw the car, had a buddy go look to make sure it's what it was. Shipped to my door in FLORIDA for 447.oo. Less than 44 original miles on it....super clean silver (originallY). I would look at their selection. I live close to MONTU and as they were nice guys the car i went to see was garbage compared to the pictures..i went ready to pay cash....glad i didn't impulse buy....whoa!!!!

Rivsu is based in FLA and HOUSTON so check them out, nothing but good things i have heard about them.
Well Just bought a gts-t from them. Clean and looks to be low mileage. Just waiting on shipment from them. When did you go? Did you see a white gts-t while there? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts