Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been having some problems with the wiring for my r33 gts-t. when i got the car it had already been messed with somewhat and then when i deployed overseas for a while another shop had it and messed it up even more. i was having a lot of ignition problems becasue the original harness has been cut and nothing matches. for the second plug on the ignition harness(the one with a white wire and a black wire) where does the black wire go. i have the white one ran to the fuse box under the hood bolted to the power cables. i dont have the black wire connected as i have no idea where it goes. if someone could help i would appreciate it. i really dont have the time to pull the complete harness out so if i could just run it to where it needs to go that would be best. thanks

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Pics might be helpfull. I can't really understand where in the engine bay you are talking about.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the ignition harness that goes to the coil packs. there is the plug that goes to the igniter then there is the plug that has 2 wires. one is white and one is black with a pink stripe(i think its pink.). i know the white wire is for power but i dont know where the other goes.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Im wandering if its the tail thats a dead end piece of wire for use with a timing light.
Is it located at the back of the plastic coil pack cover (just to the left and underneath the igniter?
Im sure that is black/pink and is meant to go nowwhere.It is just used as a pickup for no1 coilpack to try and help make setting up the timing a little easier.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess thats why i cannot check the timing. i try and try and the timing light just wont work. i tried it on the wire loom that goes to the cam angle sensor and i tried it on each individual coil pack and it wont work. i am not sure if its me or the light but the light is new. so from what you are saying the black/pink wire goes nowhere? it has to go somewhere or else it would not be there. i already make the mistake of trying to ground it thinking thats what it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts