Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have a 96 R33 and my shift boot is all beat up,

i dont have an OEM fitting one, what i mean by that is, it looks like the last owner just threw the first one he could find on there as it doesnt fit into the surrounding plastic at all, it just drops down and leaves a large gap.

Same thing for the hand brake boot.

So, where can i find a nice set of leather boots? if possible, in the US?

Also, what's a good Short shifter that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Nismo SS looks nice but costs a bit much... I've heard that megan racing makes a good one but dont know where to find one...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I got some good quality excellent fitting gear stick and handbrake gaiters from mr.gaiter on eBay. They are made for the Skyline and not cheapo universal ones, and they were only £20 for the pair! He posts to the US too. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'll post pics soon as I can, I'm off out now but i'll try later. You have to remove the plastic surround and the gear knob, there are lots of little metal clips that hold the gear gaiter in place. Just carefully remove them and refit with the new gaiter. The handbrake has a metal wire frame inside the gaiter, its just a case of unclipping the old one and fitting the new one. It took me less than an hour and is a bit fiddly but easy enough if you take your time.

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yes they are the ones I bought, I do like those nismo ones though! I didn't see them when I bought mine. heres some pics of them fitted,

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
I also got mine from mr gaiter and i highly recommend him :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah thats the one. When you fit it you have to take your old one apart, there is a plastic collar type thing you remove and then you sort of fit it to the new one and turn it over to get the nice finish. It sounds harder than it is, trust me!

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
mr gaiter for me too with embroidered gts-t on them:bigthumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
thanks for the advice ....

Thanks for the advice to all who recommended Mr Gaiter on this thread ... I have just bought a replacement leather one ... from him on ebay ... for all of £16.98 incl Delivery ...

Thanks!!:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts