Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need one for my R32 GTS.

as i understand other nissan or universal ones may fit?

can someone clarify please?

ta :)

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
I think that may have been you on the phone a few minutes ago, but if not we stock Lambda Sensors for R32, R33, R34, & V35 Skylines ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
You just need a zirconium type with the correct number of wires, and it will be fine, plenty of universal types out there without Nissan price tags.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah all good, zirconium one on the way for friday. soldering iron is out ready ;)
hope it makes a bit of a difference as cars been feeling a bit rough lately with the colder weather. (similar to last year) and the O2 sensor was the only thing i didn't change last time.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fitted. Had to crimp the wires cause my solder wouldn’t take :(

I know everyone says it, but it's made a real difference, car feels so much smother to drive, wanna see what it’s like on a really cold morning now as this is when it gave the most trouble in the past.

Got a good run to do this week so looking forward to see what I can get out of it fuel wise :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hope it lasts for you, the cheapo one I bought only lasted a couple of months before the sensor tip broke off inside the chamber:gay:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can't understand why the genuine sensors are so over priced.

I payed £60 for a water temp sensor once, from the ni$$an stealership. :gay:

i mean i know they are important but just how can they justify that price for essentially a service item. lol.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts

i mean i know they are important but just how can they justify that price for essentially a service item. lol.
100% depends on where you get them from though....

Nissan Ireland will charge 700euro ex vat for an RB25DET oil pump, same part number from Japan via Nissan USA was 160euro shipped....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
100% depends on where you get them from though....

Nissan Ireland will charge 700euro ex vat for an RB25DET oil pump, same part number from Japan via Nissan USA was 160euro shipped....
crikey :eek:

·
noob by name, nude by nature
231 Posts
i got one from lambdasensor.com/co.uk

didn't last very long,

got a geniune nissan one from kudosmotorsport shipped for 115 euro from Oz, works a treat
was the one from Lambdasensor.co.uk an NTK item or a universal one ?

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts

The other thing to remember is that things like lambda sensors, and most engine sensors for that matter are made by third party company's, that often make sensors for several major vehicle manufactures, so a lot of the time they will make batches, one will be labeled Nissan, Toyota etc, and some will be for their own brand say NTK and yet others for another retailer.

There are not multitudes of dedicated Lambda or sensor manufactures, just like TV screens and CD/DVDs for that matter.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts