Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right ive had my car 2 weeks and apart from a service and a cambelt change ive not modified it yet

The only thing i want to do is make the ***** go faster so engine mods only at the moment i know traction will be a problem soon enough

so starting with the most cost effective and easy DIY mods to the down right stupid give me ur top 5 mods

Thanks

J

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
You want to start with the basic mods, to support more power later.
1.Air Filter
2.Exhaust
3.Front mounted intercooler
4.ECU
5.Possibly the stage 2 boost mod thingy (Hopefully someone will post to explain it)

After that you can look to either going for a bigger turbo, or having your rebuilt with steel internals to allow you to raise the boost.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/vtec_01/****.jpg

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/vtec_01/****.jpg
:funny: Did make me Chuckle.

Is it not stickered some where yet, seeing as it is asked alot !!!!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
:grinno: mr.t your a funny guy and a cruel one:devil:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I used search when i was a newb... :dunno:

An if i came across as a grumpy git then im sorry, wasnt meant to be... But if you reread what i said i dont see how that is being mean?!?!? i mean i even went out my way to get him the best tuning thread... :crazy: Just telling him the search is a wonderful thing...... :uhoh:

:hippy:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Yes i always go out my way to help newbs, Glad you noticed.... ;)

:rofl: maybe been grumpy 3 times since joining.. Jez get over it.... infact probably only twice... :disappointed:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I used search when i was a newb... :dunno:

An if i came across as a grumpy git then im sorry, wasnt meant to be... But if you reread what i said i dont see how that is being mean?!?!? i mean i even went out my way to get him the best tuning thread... :crazy: Just telling him the search is a wonderful thing...... :uhoh:

:hippy:
LOL Nah I didn't read as grumpy but as a IF YOU LOOK YOU WILL FIND !!!

I used the search a hell of a lot before posting much and well everything is there, The only one thing I didn't find for doing a full service was some info about the Diff. Anything I couldn't find I posted about !!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Only problem with searching for things is the results are usually comprised of lots of posts from people asking the same question, and being met with the reply 'use the search button' :D

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Fair point ;)

The only problem is when you have answered the same question 5-6 times you end up putting that LOL

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
mods

once you start look out ,in 2 weeks time i will have spent £6500 on mods.:uhoh: and thinking of spending another £2500 on brakes and body bits.

The need for speed is installed in us all, and it does'nt come cheap.

shed

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Lol, i have beat that by a large amount, lol.... still going to lol.. Just a taster... ive spent over £5000 on bodywork, includes labour... Glad ive got an understanding Mrs... :)

But noone would of beat Keiths, lol...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts