Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone,looks like my brake pads are getting a little low,so was wondering what you guys/gals think are the best or have factual data proving which are.Ive had a quick flick on e-bay been lookin at the Ebc Redstuff pads ceramic coming in at £50 rear and £90 front.Are these the best? or mintex or ferodo or are the standard nissan pads much of the same?I use my car for everyday use(fast driving:devil: ) and the occasional track day.Please give your views and if you know anyone cheaper ie Traders on this forum would be most appreciated:cheers:

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
I can recommend Endless SSS pads. great when cold eye poppinly good when up to temp and no fade at all yet

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
I have Yellowstuff, and no complaints aside a bit of squealing at first until they are run in, but I think they all do that.
Yellowstuff is more for a lot of track or a lot of fast driving/braking. But you then compromise on how long they will last.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info,any more input from anyone?

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having read a couple of threads,seems like a few of you ave got yellow stuff pads on.Are these better than red stuff for road use then?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ferodo 2500's for me, never had to bed them in to stop squealing.

of course if being installed with new discs proper bedding in procedures must be adhered to to set the discs up. (www.stoptech.com) Totally dependable results time after time, no fade either which amazed me.

I did pay around £135 for mine though, (fronts) bugger!

Aitch

·
R32 GTR
1,562 Posts
Having read a couple of threads,seems like a few of you ave got yellow stuff pads on.Are these better than red stuff for road use then?

I think they are designed more for track use, but you will know better than anyone what the majority of your driving is.

I was prepared to compromise that I the yellowstuff wont last as long as redstuff but I'd rather have the extra braking on the track.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Scottish Girl,Aitch and the rest of you,youve been very helpful.Think now i will get some price comparisons on your suggestions :)

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Thanks Scottish Girl,Aitch and the rest of you,youve been very helpful.Think now i will get some price comparisons on your suggestions :)
You dont go quick enough to worry about pads anyway LOL:grinno:

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ses you fatboy :loser: Still twice as fast as you at any time:grinno: You may as well go back to ya ford anglia and poodle around :funny: Anytime you get the courage to come on another track day,ill be waiting for you :booty: :dogpile:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Ses you fatboy :loser: Still twice as fast as you at any time:grinno: You may as well go back to ya ford anglia and poodle around :funny: Anytime you get the courage to come on another track day,ill be waiting for you :booty: :dogpile:
Ooooooh deary me, did I hit a nerve LOL.

Just stick a bit of card board in for pads that'll for you Te He :dogpile:

:bananadie:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I run the redstuffs at the minute can't fault em. You also get the anti squeal shims supplied to stick on the back of the pads-bonus.

Work well from cold and can handle the occasional mad blast towards the twisties and roundabouts..........

Getting green stuff for the rears with grooved & dimpled discs when the time comes. BOTH ARE LOW DUST FORMULA so bonus for keeping the wheels clean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts