Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps,,,right then,my clutch is well buggered and im going to order 1 on wednesday,the thing is shall i order a organic r33 gts-t exedy race clutch or shall i go for a r32 gtr race clutch for my gts-s

?????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
before you change it decide if yr gonna do a power up-grade and change the clutch to suit that, it saves money in the long run, you dont wanna put in one that cant handle what you put through it mate....:D

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I went for Rising suns 400+bhp clutch..... It is a great clutch for the money and it hasnt smelt yet :D It can handle what ever i throw at it :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
350-400 ponies

its running at about 310 now,i eventually want to go 350 possibly,but no more at this stage,,,,so what do you think m8

·
Registered
106 Posts
I need to order a clutch wednesday aswell! lol

The car had a R32 GTR clutch fitted by abbey 6 months ago and its already slipping!! Only done about 3 - 4000 road miles on it!

I`m now stuck between the paddle clutch apex are doing in the traders section or an RPS max street. The paddle at £255 and rated at just over 500ft/lbs, or the RPS organic at £320 rated at 400ft/lbs.

I ran a RPS in my 200SX and I know its a good clutch, but the other one is cheaper and can handle more power.

Has anyone got any first hand experience of the ACT clutches apex are doing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
??

so what is the rating of a exedy organic racing clutch? please can someone shed some light of vthis for me?

cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
The one fitted to my car was apparently an Exedy R32 GTR clutch and apparently good for 400bhp. The car is only 340bhp and its not taking the power. I dont drift, I dont drag race and I dont go on track. Either there is a problem with the one fitted in mine or I wouldnt rate it. I would expect more than 6 months/3 - 4000 road miles from a clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts