Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys/girls, im after a silenced decat for my car (r34 gtr)

Japspeed only list them for 32/33 and 34 gts not 34 gtr. They dont know which one fits a 34 GTR. Can someone confirm if a decat off another skyline will fit my 34 please?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
R32 GTST, R32 GTR, R33 GTST, R33 GTR, R34 GTR can all use the same decat but the R34 GTT decat is a different length and flange positions

:)

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to update you incase someone reads this thread.

Only a R34 gtr decat fits a R34 gtr.

32/33 are shorter. The R34 GTT is the right length but the flanges need to be cut off and welded back on at the correct angles!

However i have ended up using a 34 gtt silenced cat back and have moved the flanges. Fits nice and snug, you will also need to move the bracket from the down pipe to the gearbox.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok.. Rising Sun Performance is wrong

:p lol
I would call it a miss print myself :bigthumb:

I was at MGT racing fitting the exhaust and marc made comment that the 32/33 one is shorter and i would need to extend. Or move the flanges on the 34gtt one.

so double :moony::moony: to you
lol

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No miss print.

R32/33 are the same and R34 GTR is the same but does not have a cat temp sensor and R34 GTT is longer.

Richard
What on earth is wrong with my car then? My car must be to long! As the 34 gtt one is the correct length for my 34gtr and the other gtr i got a cat off to compare too!

Or have i been sent the wrong size silenced decat that happened to have Gtt flanges welded on?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Maybe you have a GTT exhaust on the car?

I can take a picture of all 3 cats next to each other if you want ;)
Yes please.

The exhaust on the car was a nismo including turbo elbows all the way through to the backbox including a nismo race cat (the car is a S1 omori factory built car)

I brought another exhaust for a 34 gtr and it fits perfect like the one on it.

However the silenced 34 gtt decat i ordered is the same length as the nismo cat i took off the car and the straight through decat i have also. But the flanges was at the wrong angles?

If you could post a pic up of the 3 decatts that would be spot on tho mate, im really confused at whats going on here.

Also you say the flanges are at the same angle on 32/33/34 gtrs? Im just thinking maybe i ended up with a 32/33 one so the length is correct but flanges are wrong?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts