Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get oil pressure and oil temperature gauges plumbed into my R33 GTS-T, but can't afford Defi, what's the next decent manufacturer down the line?

Thanks,

·
Registered
490 Posts
Apexi, Blitz, greddy. I have glowshift gauges sitting here never hooked them up. They seem alright. They are however an american company so you have to use there sandwich kit and not a Japanese one. Really up to you what you want.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've just bought boost, oil pressure and temp from R-Spec

http://www.rspec.co.uk/

I got the blue seires stepper motor, boost gauge installed already and really pleased.

I went to see the products before i bought and was very impressed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
those prosport ones look real decent.

...I run auto meter gauges in my gts4 there not top of the line but there small they light up great! good comprimise if you dont want to pay out the rectum for top of the shell gauges :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
youll probably find that a guage is pretty much just a guage, defis are only as accurate as the sender that drives them, same with pretty much any gauge, if the senders ok, the gauge will be too :)

Ive always used relatively cheap gauges, but decent senders and they work just great :) even stock gauges work well with good senders.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
youll probably find that a guage is pretty much just a guage, defis are only as accurate as the sender that drives them, same with pretty much any gauge, if the senders ok, the gauge will be too :)

Ive always used relatively cheap gauges, but decent senders and they work just great :) even stock gauges work well with good senders.
That's a good response, helps me decide on which ones I have my eye on.

Thanks.

·
bla
17,374 Posts

Its not just about the accuracy on defi/prosport.

They have a record function etc, Plus they look tons better than the cheapys..

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
True true! The Defi ones look amazing but the prosport do look good too, and they are nicely expensive, not stupidly expensive!

Go for the prosport ones, xyberautos.com i think thats the website, the bloke is pretty good, got all my gauges from there.

·
South West (England 13)
1,855 Posts
I've got the prosport ones in mine and they're ace

Really trick at night and they read right all the time

Damn sight cheaper option and it works

1 - 20 of 25 Posts