Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Had a odd thing happen at the weekend. One of my wheel nuts stripped a thread. Bloody over enthusiastic MOT test centre I think. :spank:

Anyway, need a wheel nut ASAP, but am now thinking I might use the opportunity to buy a set of locking wheel nuts. Can anyone recommend anything good / cheap?

Cheers

A

·
0 Posts
KE40989927ND is the part number for the Nissan ones i got for mine cost about £20 back then

·
Registered
333 Posts
To be honest it takes 2 minutes to whip them off if you know what your doing so I wouldnt count on them stopping your wheels getting nicked bubble. They are of course, better than nothing though.

McGuard ones are quite popular.

Butuz

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bubble said:
You haven't got any lockers:eek:

I'll be round tonight:boogy:

As Andy said Nissan should have some in stock, or failing that Halfrouds:)
Well, was house hunting around the corner from you so I would watch out yourself LOL!
How much are the Halfrauds ones? I need to bed in some pads before Thursday. Either that or a scrounge a wheel nut, but I guess I ought to get some locking ones. Never had a wheel nut shred on me before :disappointed:

P

·
0 Posts
andyneed4speed said:
McGuard from Halfrauds - about £30.

You won't find Skyline in their list of cars but the 200SX ones are the same - well they fitted my GTR OK!
Got some McGard ones as well... from Apex performance in bradford,
For my R33 gtst S1....part no: 24152su (M12 x 1.25)
About same price as above...

·
Registered
151 Posts
got mc,Gard locking wheel nuts from halfruads £28.50, but you only get one unlock socket in the kit, but you can send off for a duplicate once you buy them and have the pattern code, at your cost of course.

ray.

P

·
0 Posts
davegtst said:
Don't know about many others but the Mcgaurd ones are quite easy to get off with the right tools.
They got top marks in that Auto weekly motoring paper?!...don't know what kind of endorsment that is though?,as i'm not a regular reader.:confused:
What can you do?,companies bring out the latest locking devices,and thieves find the latest ways to defeat them?
...Slow 'em down by fitting 5 locking nuts per wheel!!!....how bad would that be,when it came to taking 'em off for a tyre change!:eek:
..not that i'd go that far!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks chaps, will pop to Halfrauds this afternoon. I suppose something is better than nothing. Had a BMW years ago, and my mate picked the wheel nut lock in a few minuites using only a paperclip :eek::disappointed: . I'd lost the key , so was quite pleased on that occasion. ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
ditto

30 quid ish

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update.

Halfrauds Mc Guard = £32.99
Nissan = £25.

Are the Nissan ones OK? they have them in stock just down the road from me :dogpile:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just opened the packet from Nissan and guess what? They are McGuard! So the end of this story is get them from your Nissan dealer not Halfrauds. £25 :)
:cheers:
Dunk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts