Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all been to rsp yesterday an i think its time to upgrade the car but i dont know where to start or what parts to buy i want to get some bits myslf to cut the cost down and rsp to fit them [ here we go i have the r33 gtst spec 1 already got fitted custom remap { rsp}, greddy boost controler, blitz induction kit , turbo elbow , decat, full hks exhaust, . for the next stage ive been told injectors ,fuel pump, coil packs , fuel rail , afm, but which ones do i get your help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
hi all been to rsp yesterday an i think its time to upgrade the car but i dont know where to start or what parts to buy i want to get some bits myslf to cut the cost down and rsp to fit them [ here we go i have the r33 gtst spec 1 already got fitted custom remap { rsp}, greddy boost controler, blitz induction kit , turbo elbow , decat, full hks exhaust, . for the next stage ive been told injectors ,fuel pump, coil packs , fuel rail , afm, but which ones do i get your help would be much appreciated
easy give em 2 grand and you will get results:drivin:

·
Registered
836 Posts
i've got the same car..

mate, you need a better turbo for a start cos you can build on that. Then get bigger injectors and a stand alone ecu. This will probably give you a fair bit more power. Oh yeah and foot forget an uprated head gasket you'll need that.
Regards, Thwish

·
bla
17,374 Posts
[ here we go i have the r33 gtst spec 1 already got fitted custom remap { rsp}, greddy boost controler, blitz induction kit , turbo elbow , decat, full hks exhaust, . for the next stage ive been told injectors ,fuel pump, coil packs , fuel rail , afm, but which ones do i get your help would be much appreciated
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66975

Theres a good tuning guide... Have aread.. :)

Firstly id get a fuel pump and get it fitted asap just to be on the safe side.

Turbo? Theres plenty out there, but what is your budget and target for power output?

Coilpacks are a must.. With the extra stress the extra power will give, your standards wont cope and will break down. RSP do there own brand, or go with Splitfires.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^great guide^^

the thing is i sort of know what parts to get but i need to be 100% sure before i start my collection, so is the z32 maf up to the job, is it a simple plug and play and is there a specific one to get?? same with the fuel pump what to get walbro/gtr?? injectors/fuel rail would these be aftermarket or upgrades from a gtr?? i know clutch,coil packs, are a must. how about ecu, if im going aftermarket could i use one that does away with the maf or is it just as wise to keep the maf(z32 upgrade).

my goal ideally would be 400-450hp

any help would be much,much,much appreciated.
thanx ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
The standard ECU won't cope with you swapping the injectors and AFM, you'll need to get it custom mapped.

One of the most important things you'll need is a FMIC (front mount intercooler) especially if you're looking at changing your boost settings.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i aint chasing figures to show off in the pub i will leave that to others on here, all im after is some frendly advice ;)
i already have the front mount fitted, i am at the stage where i cant get anymore out the standard bits i.e turbo,injectors, maf ect. it will be finally remapped at rsp again :).
i was told my next big step would see me with 400-450 bhp, so i will go with that but my point is i was gonna get some of the parts needed i.e maf, injectors,turbo ect
so any one with this sort of power could you tell me what your using?? standard or upgrades? it will give me a idea what to look for.

thanx in advance

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
get the oem turbo rebuilt with t4 internals
uprated fuel pump
deachworks injectors from japspeed
metal head gasket from nismods
z32 afm from rsp
remap ecu from rsp
you dont need a uprated fuel rail at all

or just get rsp to fit there 400bhp kit apart from the stuff you already have :)

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I have
OS Giken twin plate clutch
740cc tomie injectors
RSP stage 3 turbo
HKS fcon pro v with map sensor fitted instead of MAF
Walbro Pump
HKS turbo elbow
HKS Down pipe
HKS (Jasma) exhaust
Decat pipe
Front Facing inlet manifold
Greddy intercooler
420 bhp @1.2 bar and 400 fl/lbs of torque
I would also fit an oil cooler and a lower temp thermostat ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts