Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

ive been out of skylines now for about two year ( i bought a 400hp 300zx)

and i'm looking to get a new one whta are the 350 gt's like are they still rear wheel drive it;'s either that or an r34

can anyone advise??

·
bla
17,374 Posts
r34 gtr vspec all the way.... Not keen on the r35 shape.....

·
Registered
950 Posts
R32, best and most fun to drive, no so much of a posers car as not many people know what it is... light and good on track, but engine is weak.

R33 most ugly looking of them all, never won anything and tbh, is a boat, the GTR is a good car but don't get anything less in R33. The R33 was built as an engine donner and parts donner for R32's (Rb25 and RB26) :)

R34 I think its ugly and i don't like the electronic crap around track, but can be turned into something amazing if you have the money and can be on par with the BNR32 if build right :)

R32 for someone that is track minded, drivers car.
R33 for a poser
R34 for the rich man :D

my 2pency :D

·
bla
17,374 Posts
but as mgstu said id go 33 shape... Out of a gtr or gtst, lol, id say gtst.....

At the time of me purchasing my skyline, the first i wanted to view was an r32 gtr vspec... I was working unfortunately so told the mrs to go have a look... She liked it but wasnt sure about buying it.. My battery on my mob went so she couldnt contact me... :disappointed: Unfortunately for me it was a vspec and was priced at around £5000 :slap: Gutted, I stormed off early from work to find that it was just sold to a guy who flew back from london, lol.... Dammit...

Didnt get to test drive any r32s, as then i went to look at 33.. First i drove the gtr... I was impressed.... But i saw the gtst and the bodystyling was more to my taste than the gtrs... Test drove that and i found it to be better... So bought it...
The moral in this story is to go and test drive them before you buy... Personally i think youll walk away with the 34 :D :cheers:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
R32, best and most fun to drive, no so much of a posers car as not many people know what it is... light and good on track, but engine is weak.

R33 most ugly looking of them all, never won anything and tbh, is a boat, the GTR is a good car but don't get anything less in R33. The R33 was built as an engine donner and parts donner for R32's (Rb25 and RB26) :)

R34 I think its ugly and i don't like the electronic crap around track, but can be turned into something amazing if you have the money and can be on par with the BNR32 if build right :)

R33 for a poser

:bash: :uzi: :whip:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
a boat.....?????? the most ugly......ime sure youl find a lot of people on this forum will disagree vigourously with those statement.including me ...

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts

R33 for a poser

"Thats fighting talk..." :nutkick: the R33 is the best looking of the bunch (looks to make sure there isnt a Z-Tune in earshot!)

the R32 i do agree is the most agile, (and i like the look of it too)

Dazzler

·
Registered
812 Posts
r34 is my fav but not on my wages, so in my opinion r33 was the next best thing, and for personaly gtr all the way, (weekend car) if i could afford a gtst i would definatly get 1 aswell for every day use as there a much smoother and comtable drive, the gtr is all about performance not comftabilty in my opinion, but not saying gtr is not comfty it is but no where near as comfty as a gtst,

but hey wot the feck do i know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gt350 or r34

thanks for all the replies guys. is the gt350 rear wheel drive and what about tunability?? just want to get a few facts before i even bother to test drive either lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Alright chief,

the 350gt is indeed RWD, and it's great fun!!!!! Cant say i've looked into tuning yet as the insurance is steep anyway, but try US Infinity G35 forums (same car), ive seen chat of adding turbos and superchargers. the new GTR will have twin turbo based on a very similar V6, so it must be pretty decent!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i like the shape of the 35 but think i'll prob end up going for the 34 as it's easier to tune and i think my other half like the mean look of the 34 but i still cant decide i think the only thing to do now is to test drive one of each:dogpile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts