Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im going to get my r33 gtr back on the road this summer but will probably need new tyres as the ones i have came with my wheels and are pretty terrible i wouldnt have them on a childrens pram. i will be using the car probably all year round and ive looked at some tyres and toyo r888 s seem to be the tyre of choice but the suppliers keep saying that they are no good as everyday tyres but i'm hearing different things from other people. My cars running at just over 600bhp so need the grip in the wet and dry so anyone got any recomendations? Cheers!

PS I dont fancy spending stupid money on tyres as there are many potholes in my area so 2k for tyres not really do able lol

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
R888s won't give you very much grip in the wet since there basically slicks,a few people I k ow run Goodyear eagles with goos success

·
Registered
991 Posts
The R888 are really a track day tyre, and wouldnt be to goid in the wet.
Toyo also do there R1R tyre wicth sits between the T1R and 888's.
Think a few guys run them on hear and have said good things about them.

Also try looking at the Bridgestone potenza RE050A really good grip in dry and good grip in the wet. How well they would cope with the power your running is well like any tyre , you just dont no till you try.

·
Registered
104 Posts
bridgestones are the best for dry grip and are also pretty good in the wet too, for a normal tyre and at your power level they should be fine, you dont need R888's or equiv until your double that power for normal road use in the DRY only....HTH

·
Registered
442 Posts
yokohoma advan ad08, there pretty expensive but the best tyres about so much grip in wet and dry

i run them on front of my driftcar wouldnt use eny other tyres

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
£2k for tyres?? What tyres have you been looking at???

If you want wet grip then Michelin PS3's are the best..period! A set will cost £850 fitted.
I think with the British weather being as it is and if you use your Skyline on a daily basis then you need good tyres that offer good grip in the wet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts