Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious as to which tyres people our using and what they think is the best, mine are simply rubbish they might as well not be there!!

ive been told that avon az3's or toyo's are the best to use, but i also dont want tyres that are so soft there gone in a month!!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
If money wasn't a object then Goodyear eagle F1's.

·
Registered
165 Posts
mate i got nan kangs on the back of mine when i got it and they grip greatly although they are now bold lol
i always heard they are crap.
they were on the rear when i bought mine and i changed them with the front dunlop ones

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I wouldnt buy anything other than toyos TBH
i have a couple of avons zv3 on the back of my gts N/A they
are ok but nothing special, when i first got my gts-t it had a brand
new set of "star performer" OMG frightening stuff, it was wheelspining
at 100mph in the wet on kickdown, fitted toyos and it transformed the
car, at knockhill i noticed the difference between the new toyos on the rear
of the gtr and the very average nexens on the front, so there is 2 new
toyos going on the front this week. you only get what you pay for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a set of Yoko's on my gts-t which were nice and grippy but they dissapeared within 3 month.

I have just ended the life of a pair of Falkens on the rear and they were disappointing to say the least, no grip for 5 mile till they warmed up and then performance was poor.

I am getting a pair of Toyo Proxey T1R's tomorrow so I will evaluate these as and when I get a chance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
do a search ! toys and eagles come out tops if i remebered ive had 2 sets of toyos and 3 set of eagles and eagles f1 all the way, they do of course have a soft tyre wall, but defintaly good in the wet much better then the toyos and of course they eagles have one several awards for the best tyre in 2004 iirc, but ive been told by elite in dagenham that they are no longer going to make eagle f1s

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I've got Falken FK's on atm and am hugely underwhelmed with them. I've got 265 Avon's in the shed which are getting switched ASAP!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Toyo T1-R's here. Never really been in a road based situation where the grip was majorly needed, but when I got my car out on track for the first time, it just wouldn't break traction. They stuck to the road.

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
^^^^^Lol^^^^^

Not your fault mate ;)

·
Registered
822 Posts
I still got the Dunlop Direzza's from Japan, but when they are gone I will buy Falken. Lots of my mates are having Falken's and they are really delighted about them. :)

·
Nurburgring 2009 cumon
1,088 Posts
I had Falkens on the rear of mine at the Nurburgring. Not impressed at all. :disappointed:

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I think the problem with the Falkens is that they are just too damn hard, they're like solid plastic to touch. Avon coopers for me from now on.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Im using Falken FK 452's all round at the moment and i love them. They give me bags of grip. Khumo are quite good too imo as i had them on my S14 and they were pretty grippy too but others may dissagree

·
Brian220
301 Posts
So far for me I've had the following on the car...

Yokohama's - Brilliant, the best tyre i've had on the car so far
Falken's - Moderate wet and dry performance
Avon's - Terrible, similar grip to the Falkens but after my blow out I have lost all trust in them
Pirelli's - OK in the dry, absolutley crap in the wet

Will be trying the Goodyear Eagle F1's next, have been told their pretty hard but i suppose each persons chassis/suspension setup is different as as such the same tyre on one car may perform different to another.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts