Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of my alloys were damaged in shipping and I am in the middle of a marine insurance claim.

I am considering going for a new set of 18" alloys, probably 7.5J front and 9J rear again - anyone have any ideas for decent deals including decent tyres as the price of 2 new Volks alloys alone is over £1,000 on mine.

Obviously any nice sets lurking in garages well received also.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This would be my ideal also (especially if they were 18s not 17s).

They are the Challenge model with the blue chevron behind and polished outer rim. I have tried a few repariers and they all say it would be really difficult to do any they recommend not trying. If you know of anyone??

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Nick,
Try giving 'Renowheel' a call on 01656 657993. they're based in Bridgend, but did a lot of work for McLaren on the F1 road cars. They certainly know whats what, so shouldn't give you a bum steer.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
jaffacake said:
I certainly wouldn't want anyone steering my bum...
Why's that then Jaffa...too much activity in that area allready? :p

Nick, I thought the wheels looked nice on your motor at Saaf'end a few weeks back. Get the car lowered a bit, get the rims sorted and it'll look sweet. :cool:

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Mark said:
Nick, I thought the wheels looked nice on your motor at Saaf'end a few weeks back. Get the car lowered a bit, get the rims sorted and it'll look sweet. :cool:
Thanks Mark, it is being lowered this weekend :D and I just need to find someone that is confident that they can repair them properly.

Once the insurance is sorted, I should know more.

Floyd, thanks, I will give them a buzz.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dave - thanks for kind words. :D

Insurance is now sorted and I cannot get a replacement front wheel as they no longer make 7.5J so an going to have a crack at getting them repaired as they look so much better now it is lowered as you rightly suggested Mark.

Any recommendations for repairers fairly close to me in Cambs?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Eddie and I haven't come across them - tried on BT and Google and cannot find them - have you got any contact details for them mate?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts