Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the whining noise on highly modified skylines on overdrive? I thought it was transmission, mine did it today slightly after backing off from a over boost to 1.0bar.
I thought I might of unbalanced the ceramic turbo shaft maybe or stressed it but all was fine again after I sorted the boost.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My Pulsar used to do it quite a bit.... Can't remember what it was now. Was normal though.

It sounded like a mad rally car.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
ceramic turbos should not go over 0.85 at all.... I think youve been very lucky...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On a GTR which has ceramic turbo shafts bonded to steal max boost is 1.0bar, why are peeps advising on here 0.85 bar max for a GTST with the same bonded ceramic turbo shaft?

Other threads indicate 1.0bar is acceptable for a well maintained turbo, But to be honest I can't physically notice any performance gains from running 0.8bar from 1.0bar.

hm mm

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
all i know is gtr's can run at max 1 bar on standard turbo's a gtst is .85 standard although i used to run 1 bar, what you said was right a well maintained turbo but we dont know if every turbo is that well maintained mate....

·
Registered
610 Posts
i run my gtst std turbo at 1 bar. used to run it at 1.2... but only wen i was taking down the track.... as for that turbo now.... its soon to be history as its blown. :p i got a new garret sitting right next to me, awaiting for an install. just awaiting parts for the oil in/out.
id say that high squealing is your turbo giving out. i bet you'll find oil in your intakes now, aside from lots of shaftplay and oil leakin out of the journal bearing. id idvise getting it looked at or replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts