Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed today that after driving for half hour or so that when I brake at a give-way a persisting whistling noise can be heard! (R33 GTS)

Its pretty annoying !!

Does anyone have an idea at all as to what it could be ?? ...and even better as to how I can fix/get rid of it ??

Please reply asap as I dunno how much more my ears can take :Uzi:

Cheers Martin :cheers:

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
a bit of research would tell you that the r33 gtst is prone to squeaky brakes i got round it by buying drilled and vented discs front and back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it coming from the turbo area? If so it is the best time to replace your turbo and replace the manifold gasket.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My car is an R33 GTS 2L Straight 6 Automatic 'Non Turbo' ...the whistling occurs ...or seems to only occur once the car is at a stand-still....would the breaks whistle even once the car is at a stand-still ?? - Martin

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Could you explain this a little more? Cheers - Martin :)
where are you from im happy to have a listen if your near portsmouth.

are there any other break related symptoms soft pedal could be a dirty or restricted intake.

can you get a video of it up it would help

get a bit of garden hose and press that to your ear and point it at all the bits of the engine till you find the source of the noise.

water pump can make a weird wistle while its on its way out. similarly ps pump and altinator those two can be illimnated easily by just removing the belts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Video footage coming soon !!

where are you from im happy to have a listen if your near portsmouth.

are there any other break related symptoms soft pedal could be a dirty or restricted intake.

can you get a video of it up it would help

get a bit of garden hose and press that to your ear and point it at all the bits of the engine till you find the source of the noise.

water pump can make a weird wistle while its on its way out. similarly ps pump and altinator those two can be illimnated easily by just removing the belts
Cheers for the reply mate :) ..I'll take an HD video later today and see if I can get the camera to pick up the noise....because of the pitch of the whistling its hard to tell where its coming from exactly - Martin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts