Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i got myself a tidy r33 in march (i think) and it was okay on bodywork and engine as i got it from a bodyshop (2nd owner) . it had a cracked bumper, some mild paint cracks and some small pin rust spots. got it back to my garage and started work removing the rust and side skirts to find that the 1st owner had riveted them on :( had a job getting them off so cut them off in peices. i started to grind the rust off under there and then removed it from uner the pins and have that sitting in a couple of coats of primer. then off witht he wings and sent them to be metal blasted and sprayed in an anti rust primer. luckily that was free so saved me a little bit of cash. after searching about found a nice nrg quick release and hub for £70 got that fitted with a new hks turbo timer and started work on the bumper repairing cracksand sanding any cracked paint. the car staring to look a little better (apart from being in part primer). decided to start attacking the interior and the 19 year old dash was looking a bit work so out that came, all sanded and sprayed in black with a clear laquer. fond some cheap LED strips to fit in the footwells so in they went lighting the car up nice and blue with hidden switches. got some great gauges from glowshift and now saving up for a respray and a nice boot install over the winter is the plan. i will put some pics up later just dont have any at work!!:dogpile:

the plans are to try and get to 500bhp and have it nicely painted in white with a blue ghost pearl. will keep it updated!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We need pics!
finally got round to getting them up

when i bought the car

fixing the bumper

my gauge pods

nrg short hub (got the quick release now too)

freshly painted interior

headlights cleaned as they was yellowed from the sun

wing when it had been blasted and primered

all the rust gone and coated in white primer

new gauges in

wired in my interior Led this week too and now wiring the ones for under the car and test fitting them so when its painted they can go straight on.

arches all smoothed and in primer

:cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
mate you need to upload them to a public photo shareer like photobucket. we cant see any of the pics unless we sign up too that skyline owner page youve put them on......

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
all done now and working properly i hopw. let me know if they aren't. also started to get a shape for my sub box for my boot install

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is did consider it but apart from a few bits and pieces the interior is sound and no rust so keeping that as it is for now just the odd few bits to spruce it up a little. The outside will be all prepped when it goes for paint so what will be nearly a full strip down

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why are you tempted to do that, I was looking for a 34 when I got this just couldn't afford one. I love my 33 but I think the 34 looks more aggressive.

Thanks for the pics but I'm looking to do a boot build where I have the floor left to use, I'm going for a full jl audio set up in the doors and rear shelf with a 12 or 15 in the boot and then the jl amps :) only reason I want some boot left is because I may have a car full of people and still need to take stuff and also spares

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the pics but I'm looking to do a boot build where I have the floor left to use, I'm going for a full jl audio set up in the doors and rear shelf with a 12 or 15 in the boot and then the jl amps :) only reason I want some boot left is because I may have a car full of people and still need to take stuff and also spares[/QUOTE]

No probs, got the exact same problem as I need my boot also, replyd to your email before I saw this post mate

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah thats why im going to make my own and then i can make the room i need, my plan is to have the sub in the side, im making a fibreglass box and shaping it slanted from the boot seal down. then i plan to have the amps in the floor under some perspex and the other side slanted the same as the sub side and then if and when i get nos the bottle will be on show there haah

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I will slowly getting there, a boot build is going to be started as my winter project as it can stay in the garage :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts