Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, yesterday i overtook a van and as i got along side it i changed up into 2nd and its kangarooed etc alot then cleared and i went off fine a few mins later i booted it again and lot of white smoke was coming from my exhuast,

i've looked into it today and had somone follow me and its when the car boosts its fine as soon as i let off the power a big puff or white smoke comes out the exhaust and simmers around for a while and eventually clears!

any ideas????

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
99% head gaskett

any bubbles/mayonase in the water?

it can possibley be oil leaking into the exhaust...beause it has not passed through the combustion chamber it can be white rather than blue but in this case i dont think so, not with your description of how it happened

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no mago around the oil cap no evidence of oil in the rad top up point etc?

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
when the car boosts its fine as soon as i let off the power a big puff or white smoke comes out the exhaust

very hard to tell over txt but the above is normally head gaskett.....if a turbo leaks oil its normally on boost not after, its not unheard of though

if its running badly at idle then ill put my tuppance on the head gaskett, sorry..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i think your prob right, will i need to have the head skimmed etc if its not overheated etc? any sure way of telling before taking the cylinder head off etc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts