Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my car ticking over yesturday, gettin ready for this week when the insurence is on and its on the road. now i have only just noticed this but while ticking over, it gave off a small amount of white smoke. it was at temp i had it running for 10mins as the battery was gettin flat and wanted all ready for this week.
it was only small amounts, is it bad times? ie white smoke = head gasket etc iirc.
the engine is going in to get checked over but im just concerned. or should i wait till i give it a drive to see what its like under load??

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Everycar has the odd white puff as smore said, it could be condensation... But get it checked out for peace of mind :D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
smelt a bit like fuel but could be wrong. maybe as it was cold, and it was just ticking over
ive had it running loads and hasnt done this. tho it smeels same as my focus which is fine engine wise.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cheers, as it was not alot, and from cars ive seen they tend to put out more smoke when head gasket etc has gone. but i will be gettin it checked out lol

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
its normal to smell of fuel on cold start though, more so with cat removed..

the fuelling when warm is (or should be) 14.7/1 but from cold this can be around 12.0/1

for mixtures richer than stoich (14.7/1) the extra fuel is not burned, it exits the exhaust

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its only got cat-back and filter (at mo)
thanks for your replys guys i was gettin ready for a big bill and it wasnt nice lmao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts