Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do you have one?

I love my GTR, I love the way it looks, the way its styled, the way it drives.....I was putting petrol in it (rare for me) the other night and walking back to the car I just thought how sexy and aggressive it looked in the lights.....am gonna miss him when he goes....:(

E

·
0 Posts
Why??
Surely you know the answer to that. Why dont you tell us? Im sure if you tell us "why a Skyline" it wont be for sale anymore.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Then dont sell her....

I really missed and still sometimes do the GTiR but I got over it... still would like to see it every now and then.. shame it went to Scotland...

E

·
0 Posts
Skylines are kings of the road.
I dont know exactly how to word it but theres just something the Nissan Skyline has got that no other car has got & will ever have.
Im sure everyone will know what im on about.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I remember when i bought my GTR my mate said your gonna be skint now and he was right! but the car has a magical effect the looks the handling the performance it's an instant smile maker even on the badest of days.All i can say is that it must be a wrench to contemplate selling yours Lisa and having seen it in the flesh i can say it really is a superb car,will we see it at Billing one last time maybe?

E

·
0 Posts
Look in the rear view mirror at the rubber necks.
Is it just me or does everyone else know who`s gonna turn round for a look when you drive past.
I can tell a mile away who`s gonna turn round.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I can't help looking at mine and love it when poeple have a look.

It's just a major P**s take that Nissan didn't put robust boxes on them. My syncros do my bonce in.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Or in Busters case " look... its a calibra..., it does 200 mph.. says so on the sticker".... LOL

·
Gets Blown by Twins :D
2,327 Posts
Why?? - So I can watch the playstation generation say"Feck me...........they've got 1000bhp and do 200mph" as my mates think. Personally it's because I promised myself one when I got back from Iraq (turned out to be a holiday park for us with more danger from the crazy golf people than Sadman Insane :D )

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
It's a legend in its own parking space innit. What other car creates so much interest and emotion? You can count em on one hand.
Now and again I go to classic car shows with mine, so I can get in free and look at all the nice restored motors and rare stuff from when I was a kid.
I am always the only Skyline there and the interest it generates is almost embarrasing on occasions and some of the comments are hilarious (Applejack got em above) from the ill informed.

What other car will give you that for anything from £10k to 20k

Oh and sod off, it was my idea to do car shows with it so I dont want you lot turning up with yours and pissing on my parade.

Last show had a kosher GT40, sure it got a lot of interest, from me as well, what did it cost him and dare he drive it like it was made to be driven ? Nah prob not.

Unless something totally unpredictable happens I will keep a Sky of some description for as long as is possible, this one will go and be replaced by a newer one eventually.

Maybe that is what Lisa has in mind, or maybe she has a project formulating and we should wait to hear before we go over the top with the shock horror comments.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I wanted one after going for a spin in one so I got one !! Didn`t intend to do much to it but have spent a small fortune on the car and I`m now totaly bored with it !! Been trying to think what to get next but I can`t come up with anything so i`ll stick to my 106 van :D

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
I love my Skyline. Have wanted one for years and finally bought it. I'm now spending too much money on it to make it faster and better. I'm not selling or trading for anything other than a BETTER SKYLINE!

Admittedly I love a bit of attention, and what other car apart from Lambos and Ferarri's really get you that level of notice?

Nope. Keeping mine.

:D

J.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I couldnt beleive what I was doing when I started looking for a new car and was actually considering a Skyline, still cant believe it sometimes, everytime I walk up to it anywhere it just puts a big grin on my face, and thats before I have gone out and driven it!!

As others have said, what could I replace it with apart from a better Skyline! :)

I love it and its staying! :D

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
When it goes it will only be to make way for a better one. There's just nothing else like them on the road.

You'll have to prise the keys from my dead fingers before i'll part with my mine...

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Tiggs... Think you answered your own question.......

Sounds like you aren't planning to replace the 33 with another 'liner.... Say it isn't so!

Personally, I've wanted one since seeing one in a magazine back in the mid '90s... It was a black R32, and thats all I remember. Then, when the R33 came out and they sold 'em in the UK I thought... I'm defo having one.

Bit of playstation influence for good measure...... Roberts your father's brother.

Now, it may be a humble RB20DET, but it says Skyline on the back, handles brilliantly, looks fantastic, goes pretty damn quick, and is pretty exclusive for various reasons (ie not just cos they ain't generally cheap).

Its the roadgoing equivalent of a rare, obscure, fine wine.....

There's just a magical quality oozing from them all, whether it be an R32, R33, R34, or even an R31, KPGC10 or whatever.

Its a very individual car, and I think it needs a certain type of personality to own one. Its certainly not for everyone, but if its in your blood.... then there's no point denying it.

And as you and others say.. Fill 'er up and walk in to pay, and I defy you not to look back over your shoulder and grin....

:D

I hope its worth your while selling it....

·
Registered
554 Posts
R32gtst
Its timeless.....the old and young, man and women look......Some know what it is some don't................

The way it drives....................
Thats enought for me........
my next step..........Another one for sure but will upgrade .
How much fun can you have for 1800quid....yep you read it right........personal import...........ha ha ha.....

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Must admit that when Buster extends me the courtesy of driving him pride & joy i get a different feeling and reaction from others than when im in my Celica. Skyline...its an emotive name amongst car enthusiasts...dare i say its a legend in its own life time...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts