Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I assume one way is making it close, one makes it open and one makes it stay still, so you could close it half way if you really wanted to. mine behaves like this anyway!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm. that might be. Doesnt seem necassary. i was hoping one was close, one was open, and one was close when put in park or something. That would be awesome but doesnt seem to be the case. anyway to make it like that.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Mine does nothing in the middle setting anyway. I think RichR34 might have hit the nail on the head. Just a useless little feature!! lol.
If you want to set your mirrors to move in with your alarm activation you're probably best to wire an output from your alarm through the centre pole of the switch. If your alarm has a feature for mirrors then great, if not then you'll have to do a bit of messing around to see if you can piggy back of some other signal that's output when the alarm is activated. Don't blame me if you blow your mirrors to bits doing this though :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
just a jap thing - my impreza was the same

stupid as it sounds there may be an occasion where you need half closed half open.
For the love of god i cant think what though.....

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
The question is, are the mirrors half open or half closed?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The Answer to the Question is.
If you are opening the mirrors from the closed position they would be
half open:)
And if you were folding them in from the open position they would be
half closed:)
Do i get a prize for this ?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
The Answer to the Question is.
If you are opening the mirrors from the closed position they would be
half open:)
And if you were folding them in from the open position they would be
half closed:)
Do i get a prize for this ?

What if they where half way when you came out to your car one morning? :O

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
It might be so that when the mirrors are in their final position, there's no power still being feed into the motors.
+1 for this; I always keep mine in the centre position when not opening or closing them thinking that it reduced current draw.

No measurements to back this up though...

tbh I only do them 'cos I can; there doesn't seem to be much reduction in the width of the car when they're 'closed', due to the width of the wings etc.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well Rich that kinda knocks my theory on its arse.:sorry:
I am determined to get to the bottom of this i might pop into
my local nissan dealer and ask the question. Someone there is
bound to know the Definitive answer

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Isn't it Girly mode - to give girls sitting in the passenger seat even more access to more mirror idge? They just can't seem to get enough.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts