Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys / Girls

Despite we had launched the Hybrid Carbon Bonnet for almost 2 years, with many coverages, people are still not sure exactly what they are, but only consider buying any "so called Carbon" bonnet depends on price.....

In the general market, MOST (I am even dare to say 99%, unless you pay a lot more) "carbon bonnets" are ONLY a thin layer or carbon cloth wrapping the complete bonnet made with Fibre Glass... In most cases, you are talking about 10% of carbon and 90% of FRP.

This means the bonnet is actually made out of FRP, with a layer of carbon so you don't have to paint it ;) amd badged it "Carbon Bonnet"... These bonnets are heavier (ok lighter than most GTS stock bonnets) but they do not serve the purpose of CARBON - STRONG and LIGHT......

Why, are you paying about the same ? or even more (if our Hybrid is on offers) for something that is only a Carbon Wrapped???

Hybrid Carbon Bonnet - The complete top skin (anything but the Frame / skeleton) of the bonnet is made in REAL CARBON, offering the ratio of around 65%, ONLY the frame is made in FRP.. So more Carbon and LIGHTER...... Price - a mere 10% more than our old Regular Carbon Range, but quite often on special offers.

Hybrid FULL Carbon (Dry or "wet layed") - 100% full carbon including frame work - That is it.... Can be also made with preprag .. Price - Depends...

Lastly, all of our Hybrid Bonnets are made using VACUUM Infusion, in a controlled environment........, using our hybrid resin... Unlike most others where they are only using a paint brush and brush the gelcoat on, which can sometimes mean an uneven distribution / patches etc......

So, do worth asking / checking , where ever you are buying the bonnet from, and see if they know how its made and if its only a "BADGED" carbon bonnet., where it really is a FRP bonnet with a single layer of CARBON WRAPPING.......

Those who had purchased our hybrid range (bonnets and boots) are welcome to comment........

Hybrid Carbon GTT Bonnet

Old Regular Carbon GTT Bonnet (All you see is in FRP, only the top layer on the top is in carbon)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Is the R33 GTS-T Border bonnet a hybrid carbon? It will be usefull to know how much it weights and what's the weight saving compared to the OEM.

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, all bonnets supplied now (unless stated otherwise), will be in the Hybrid Form.....Cos its not worth paying near the same, for something that is not really carbon..

Unless customer who is on extremely low budget and wanting it more for the look, then we might still be able to get the "regular carbon" for them, but not recommanded at all.....

Joe

·
DWYB.CO.UK
799 Posts
Got a KR hybrid carbon bonnet on the Mrs 33 drift car

Well impressed with the lack of weight compared to other carbon bonnets

Fit , quality and price were spot on as well :smoker:

Keep up the good work chaps :cheers:

·
Registered
647 Posts
i got a border hybrid carbon bonnet from knight-racer just before xmas in their "you offer" deal.
very good price and you get fantastic quality.
spotless finish and it was fitted in about 2 hours by me and my brother. most of that time was fitting the washer jets lol.

would recommend them to anyone

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On offer this month is the R33 GTR Top Secret Style for £ 595 including delivery to mainland UK (RRP £ 765 plus £ 35 Delivery)

Also R34 GTT Border Style for £ 550 Delivered within Mainland UK (RRP £ 765 plus £ 35 Delivery)

Not many in stock for this price guys ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got a border hybrid carbon bonnet from knight-racer just before xmas in their "you offer" deal.
very good price and you get fantastic quality.
spotless finish and it was fitted in about 2 hours by me and my brother. most of that time was fitting the washer jets lol.

would recommend them to anyone
Don't you had any problems with fitting? (stay hood-lock)
I got some space from +-1cm by the headlights

·
Registered
215 Posts
On offer this month is the R33 GTR Top Secret Style for £ 595 including delivery to mainland UK (RRP £ 765 plus £ 35 Delivery)

Also R34 GTT Border Style for £ 550 Delivered within Mainland UK (RRP £ 765 plus £ 35 Delivery)

Not many in stock for this price guys ;)

What is the weight of this in lbs pls?

·
Registered
143 Posts
carbon

Hi got one of your bonnets and wings for my r34 gtr...! and the finish of the two are spot on.....! and look ace on my car....! but both are heavier, the wing very much so....! as is the bonnet but not as bad as it has been made differently....! that because of the fiberglass frames....! its the resin that is put in that courses the wait and the amount of fiberglass you have to use to get the same strength as carbon...! I take it its all vac bagged as the wings look wet lay and needed to mod the car to make them fit....! now as for your full carbon bonnets you didnt tell me anything about them when i ordered mine...! hybrid one...???? good job mines on there because i needed the vent in the bonnet and the outlet in the wings...! this is not a ***** you said to comment so i have...! But like i say they look ACE on my car....! and worth every penny.....! and did me a good price...! thanks....!

on a different note just made some carbon wider rear Quarters for GTT fitment and boots with wing mounts built in...! if you intrested...! all uk made.....!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.