Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when the gtr 35 was unviled over a year ago my heart droped it was like a kick in the balls for starters its an awsome machiene but its ugly looks like a 350z hasnt got the inline 6 and it doesent even have the skyline name how shite is this ,if you look even at the early kpgc10 it looks more like a 34 than the 35 does like it was a natural progression from then on to the last of the grates the 31-32-33-34 then they foo**d it up by intruducing the35 ill say it again its stats are amazing but if you put that much power in any gtr it would do the same to a track but most of all its not even like any of the last cars why didnt they just stick to the old shape and engine ,i know this will upset a fuew people but what do you guys think, its ugly

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
im not so sure, i like the looks of the new GTR, and im sure the "ugly" shape is result of wind tunnel testing, the r31-r34 basic shape has been around for 25 or so years, I dont think the change was such a bad thing.
Wish they had kept the skyline name tho, i mean they keept banging on about the heretage of the 350 370 even though they were nothing like the previous cars, seems almost like Nissan want to burry the Skyline name.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
it isnt a skyline and you couldnt bolt the gtr drivetrain to a 350z so front light design aside its nothing like a 350(apart from 4 wheels and 2 doors,but when you look at it from that perspctive most new coupes look the same anyway)
the skyline continues in its traditional platform with both coupe and saloon variants and traditional rwd layout
that aside new cars are **** and have no soul,thats why we should be thankfull the older gen are still around so we have something with feeling and fun to drive

edit,i feel toastie has touched on a good point,the gtr does look like it has been built directly for us sales,only americans would want to pay twice the price for the vspec rapper edition anyway lol

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks exactly like the 370z from the side back and front its a pig, ok you probably couldnt put a gtr drive onto a 350 but nither could you put it on a kcpc10 but the latter still looks more like the 32-33-34 than that thing, we are very lucky though to be a part of the skyline name and that im proud of

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
im lost,you dont like the r35 gtrs non conformance to the skylines old styling or engine choice,when its not a skyline anyway ?
Nail and head

The GTR was never designed to be a skyline, it is a complete new machine, its not even called a R35 thats just something the public and press have labelled it.

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know what you mean that would be an arguement winner but the 35 was passed from 34 -33-32 -31 and the gtr whell that has been around for a long time too but its clearly a difrent car they should have called it the 370zR dont you think

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
its too big and to fat

just like the yanks it was made for
Spot on.....

Its weird but, I didnt mind the look of it, then I liked it, now I actually dont like the look of it at all :(

If it looked like an R8 then I would actually find the money some how to buy one....

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
they should have called it the 370zR dont you think

No because they are two completely different cars.

One is a NA RWD sports car, the other a 4WD twin turbo ultimate flagship car.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
it takes time to become a legend. time the nissan gtr hasnt yet had.

in twenty years time, when people are lookingat them with the hindsight of an aftermarket parts set up, and the motorsport laurels acheived then it may be a different matter. that said this sint the same world the 32 33 and 34 were born into and less people are generally influenced by that stuff now and more influenced by a combination of other factors.

to some they're just cars, and when theyre not new they'll move on tothe next big thing.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
lol, is this a wtf thread or is it just me that thinks this? It's all been said before, pretty much when (or just before) the GTR was officially announced.

A lot has been repeated as replies, but I'd just like to add that a skyline of the same (peak) power would be killed by the gtr (imho). Tkae a look at the torque curve for one; you won't get that on an RB easily. Area under the graph, my friend, and that's ignoring the chassis stuff, the transmission etc. :D

The Skyline GTR was the top end of a conventional body shape model family (which sold as various variants). The GTR is not the same thing; there's no shopping version, no slushbox auto, no rwd version, no estate etc.

Things progress; for reasons of emissions and packaging the RB is dead I'm afraid. Things change, deal with it ;)

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
hasnt got the inline 6 and it doesent even have the skyline name how shite is this
If you go by this logic we would be driving steam powered cars.

its too big and to fat
just like the yanks it was made for
Not sure thats the case although the American market was important for Nissan, i think it has more to do with it being a real four seater and not a 2 + 2

the 35 should not be called the 35 or gtr or have quad tail lights
Why not use quad lights :confused: After all they are really a Ferrari thing arn't they.

TBH i don't think skylines/gtr's etc have ever been raved about for their design / looks (enthusiasts forums excluded) its always been about performance and the GTR doesn't let Nissan down on that front.

·
Registered
346 Posts
fastest around nurburgring, cheap supercar thrills, tuneable, raceable and full of modern technology. exactly what skyline was originaly built to be! just evolution..
Its styling is what u make it.. like your own car, very few will be standard looking in 5-10 years

·
Registered
189 Posts
Personally i think its a great exercise in engineering, but nissan are hegding their bets and are trying to hang it off the coat tails of the great skylines in my opinion , why else would there be a nissan gtr specv? ( you see what they did there??)

Like all cars designs its been said over 20 years plus there will be evolution, and this shape will be hanging around for a while yet i reckon, and i think its ok, not stunning but quite nice

1 - 20 of 36 Posts