Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another one of my weird questions:

can you replace the standerd narrow band lambda sensor with a wideband?

im planning on getting a vems air/fuel ratio gauge with wideband lambda sensor, im told that you replace the narrow band lambda with the wideband lambda, but will the ecu be happy with this?

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I've got an air/fuel ratio gauge ready to go in and I'm sure in the instructions you says you have to install the wideband sensor as well as the normal one. Could check tomorrow but don't know where it is right now.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
If your wideband controler has a narrow band output you can put it in place of the original and wire the output into the ecu input. If not then you need to have both running.

Richard

·
Registered
257 Posts
If your wideband controler has a narrow band output you can put it in place of the original and wire the output into the ecu input. If not then you need to have both running.

Richard
Yes i too have the Vems wideband, there is a simulated narrow band output which is wired to the normal ecu input. It needs setting up with a laptop though to make sure that its turned on. I left my standard sensor still hardwired in but not in the exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts