Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed a little before,but what is the widest wheel and tyre combo with/without arch rolling on a spec2 R33 GTST please?

Would 10.5 rear rims be too much ? and what is the max tyre width of course I realise offset affects things too. BTW I'm running HKS coilovers.

Cheers

·
proud owner of an RB26
314 Posts
9.5" all round, although you'll get a bit of rub on full lock

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i have 9 inch wide rims with a very low car, the offset is 18 but i do have wider arches and wings to fit them under :D

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the info.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i have 8.5 gt culture alloys with 225/40x18 tyres , perfect fitting and fill arches out , any bigger with these wheels and everything rubs

been told this is all you really need on a GTS TBH i had wider rears for a few days ,poor handling , no traction and arch rubbing

255x35 rubbed like a bastard on the back and that is with standard ride height

NOT SURE WHAT MY OFFSET IS THOUGH , I'LL NEED TO CHECK

Here are my rims and TBH the 225 look wide on the car and not streched on the rim either

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have 18x10.5 inch rear, 285 35 18 tyres. Can't remember offset, think it is 35mm, but it is very close to shock and lower wishbone, and still the tyre protrudes from the bodywork.

So no a 10.5 rim will not fit a standard car. I think 9.5 inch and 265 tyres is about the limit before arch rolling/cutting becomes neccessary.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
The most popular fitting is a 8.5j front running a 235 tyre and a 9.5j or 10.5j rear running a 265 various friends have run wider tyres but you normaly have to roll the arches.

Your find the wider the front tyre the more it will tramline which isnt a very nice driving experience, the wider the rear the more grip your have to accelerate harder.

Thats the same set up as all the big boys like aston, porsche, ferrari etc

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
will a 33 GTSt with standard arches take 10.5j rear running a 265 tyre without rubbing :eek:

what offset ??
need to place an order :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts