Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a 3" all the way through exhaust lose power?
i was going to be gettin a japspeed exhaust 3" all the way when i do the rb25det conversion, currently the car has a trust 3" (but its been dented in japan so will replace) and a 3" decat pipe.

reson i ask is my mate with a silly r5 t was sayin if i do a 3" all way and dont have silly power it will lsoe power. ill be looking int he end at 350-400bhp.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
hi johnathan, the exhaust will help with the flow, giving you more power.
and i dont think you will get better than a japspeed exhaust! go for down pipe,de-cat and exhaust..............

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought, better flow. he may have send bottom end tbh.
yeah got the jap speed decat and happy with that, tho going to try and find out what the japspeed exhaust sounds like.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Your mate with the R5 should stick to R5's as it sounds like he knows squat!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I put a 3.5 inch straight though on mine and the difference was night and day! The people on my street dont like it too much though! :D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is allg ood then, operation loud as f00k exhaust continues haha

cheers for clearing that up guys.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Yep, the next mission is operation "oh crap I need some asprin due to exhaust vibrations caning my skull :("

:D~

·
Always sideways
4,250 Posts
A 3-3.5" exhaust on a non-turbo car may lose power because it's best to have a bit of back pressure in the system. For turbo cars, the quicker the gases are expended, the better as the turbo makes it's own pressure so a less-constrictive, free flowing exhaust system is best. :)

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
when i rolling roaded my car before and after i fitted my japspeed exhaust the power jumped a lot but the graphs show that my torque had dropped a little however its all good for a massive power increase lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts