Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered:

turbo down pipe
turbo elbow
decat
Greddy Boost controller, will be set to 0.8 bar

My question is will these mods create significantly more heat to justify a front mounted intercooler? Or would I be ok to wait say a month, providing I watch the usual oil tempratures?

never done these before so I have no idea if they will create much more power and/or extra heat?

Thanks for any advice!!

·
Registered Loser
448 Posts
if your putting a boost controller on your car then i expect you will have to change the ecu as well. i did that and my car would miss fire all the time at just over 5000 rpm so had to get a power fc ( £900 with remap) but if your car is tiptronic you cannot use the power fc

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, its a tiptronic. Hmmm a bit worrying. I wonder why it was mis firing? did you have the same boost controller I ordered?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I need to find an ECU upgrade that will work with the tiptronic? I read the Greddy E-Manage would do the trick?

Can the standard ECU be mapped at all to get the fuelling set up as best as possible until I can afford one + a remap?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, in this case I wont install the boost controller until I can get the ECU upgraded.

Can the downpipe/elbow/decat be installed without worrying about installing a boost controller/ECU or should they all be done at once?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
that should be fine coz ryan has those mods on his car and been driving around long time with those mods no props.:D

·
bla
17,374 Posts
They can be installed but your car will be overfueling..... Not a bad thing, just drinks quite abit, lol.....

Get them fitted, also get a front mount. Get them all fitted before you get your ecu put on and remapped, so you get all the power :) Make sense?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah cheers guys, OK the plan:

Install downpipe/elbow/decat
Purchase e-mange and FMIC

Then isntall the boost controller, emanage and get them mapped for perfection?

I love this forum, this thread saved me a world of potential pain - appreciate it

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Spot on my man... Have fun :D

P.s if you can fit most of them yourself, do it.... Its really easy if you can get the car ramped up :) And the front mount should be easy too :) Just saves ya some cash :)

Need any more questions answering... Just give me or us a shout :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
They can be installed but your car will be overfueling..... Not a bad thing, just drinks quite abit, lol.....

OOOOOK, so if the car's over-fuelling it drinks juice, hmmm, question then...

Had Greddy Profec B fitted recently, I am getting a 'stutter' for want of a better word at say 3000 - 4000 rpm (ish), BUT, mpg seems to be unaffected.

Does this mean it's NOT over-fuelling and if so, as suggested, is it more likely to be coil packs?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I havent heard about stuttering from overfueling... If anything it will be a slight missfire...

If you have stuttering and back firing early or even slight missfire, 8/10 it will be coilpacks..... 2/10 its the afm...

If youve got the day off, try refurbing your coilpacks... How to thread in the FAQ section. If it works then id put splitfires on your list as i found the refurb to be a temporary fix... or just buy splitfires...... I bought mine and i should of just bought them in the first place.... There great :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hmm, that's kinda what I was thinking really, if it is coil packs may just as well go all in for split fires, ah well, good job today is pay day!!!

Thanks for the help GtstTypeM

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Check the lambda sensor before anything as this will cause over fueling and the stittering when it starts to break down and finally you wont be able to drive at all. :drivin:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks both, tuner had the car hooked up to a laptop when the boost controller was fitted, would that have thrown up any lambda sensor issues?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Keep coming back to those splitfires.....making my wallet ache! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts