Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just fitted a rb25det into my 200sx s13, be for i removed the engine it idle`ed fine, ive fitted it all into the 200sx and now it will not idle, it rev`s ok and if you hold throttle open a little it sits happy reving at 1500-2k rpm but soon as you let revs drop under this and it gets near 1000rpm it dies.
any idears?
its standerd apart from 3" turbo back exhaust and airfilter
any idears were to start?
thank you all

·
Registered
50 Posts
i had the same kinda problem recently after swapping out my busted 25 for a time being replacement.

It was huting like made and cutting out all the time at ~900rpm, but idled just fine at 1200-1500. Mine was down to timing, and idle air control, im on a aftermarket ECU and all that jazz.

try adjusting the idle air valve, make sure no pipes are left off (I guess you are still running a MAF so if any are off it can cause havoc with idle), check your timing, and cambelt timing (couple of teeth off on a sprocket can cause nightmares), also check all ya earths!

I had a 300zx before, did an engine swap and it just wouldnt idle well, kept cutting out, Id forgot one of the main earth straps to the gearbox, hooked that up and it was fine after.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine dont hunt or any think, when you start the rev jump straight to 1500-2k rpm then as they drop down below 1200 it dies, but if you hold the throttle a little open it sits happy at 1500rpm, if i un plug the brown idle control plug it seems to rev slugish but if you un plug the purple one it make no differance.
i havent got my fmic pipes as yet but i have fitted a pipe to by pass the intercooler so would be the same if there was a intercooler there, even tryed fitting the afm direct to the inlet pipe and still no change.
pretty sure all the earths are on, and as i mentioned before it run fine before i removed it all from the skyline. any other idears?
i should get the fmic pipe work at the end of the week but i know when fitted the problem will still be there.
i also havent touched the valve timing, i did replace the cambelt cover but when i refited the cas i lined up with the mark were the bolts left so im sure thats in the right place.
what else could it be?
any one local who can come have a look for me?

·
Registered
50 Posts
thats what Id rekon, probably wound down too much, wind it out a couple of turns.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
try takeing the idle control valve out and give it a clean with some carb cleaner

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will try give it a clean but i cant understand why it worked before i removed the engine form the skyline and now it will not idle, cant see some think packing up all of a sudden.
ill wiat till i get the fmic pipes fitted propley and then if that dont work ill clean idle control and then maybe try some one elses afm see if that fixes it...
if none of the above work what would you surgest trying next?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
sxygirl please dont say that!! i let the rear loom for back lights and areial ect in the skyline when i scraped it.
any one got a pic of the injector reisitor???
cheers guys ill try get one a re-wire it in.

ive cleaned the afm and the idle control, still same problem soon as you let the revs get to around 1500rpm it dies unless you rev it again but will rev at 2-3k ok.
if i remove the afm it wont even fire up at all
if i remove the acc plugs it dies still but a little slower
no change if un-plug the lambda sensor

cant find any info on the injector reisitor?
has the spec 2 r33 gts-t go one? any pics, is it by the areal??
cheers

·
Registered
200 Posts
Does sound as tho its the same problem - i did it because I was pulling out a dent in the rear 1/4, disconected it and hey presto, no idle.

I might be calling it the wrong thing, but its certainly 'my' problem and sounds as tho your in the same ball park.

I'll try and post up a piccie. btw mine is a 1994 - so might be different.

2BL.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok ive had a play and got some simptoms ive managed to make it idle!!
ive disconected the acc idle plugs, the brown and purple and it semi tryed to idle but still wouldent i checked the fuel pump wiring and it was doing dodgy things, so i wire the fuel pump direct to the batt and now runs, but the fuel pump wires were doing this:
turn ing on and the live would be live then switch to a earth then back to live on start up then engine would run for 10sec then die and the live went back to a earth, and the earth was doing the same swaping from earth to live and back to earth.

is my ecu knackerd?
any ideas?
how i have it at the moment it revs and idles as it should do.
any info much appreciated!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
when i bought my skyline it had this idle problem i checked the plug what sxygirl said and the plug was there but nothing to go into so managed to find one in scrap yard pluged it in and now it runs sweet thanks sxygirl ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts