Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyones opinions on window tinting??

Thinking i might get mine done soon but i`ve never been in a car with tinted windows.

It probably sounds stupid but whats the vision like?

Do i go for all the windows? Just the rear 1/4 lights? I dunno.

What have you had done,how much did it cost & can you still see out ok?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I am considering having mine done as well Eddie (and looks so much cooler than a Winnie the **** sun screen!)

I would personally have sides both front and rear and back done but go slightly lighter on the front.

I know of a couple of decent local companies that work with our company and it is about £200 for a really good job.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
I have nothing to guage against but apparently for a top notch job, I am told that is about right... We put it on new cars so it has to be perfect.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose you get what you pay for. If its good enough for a new car then i guess its not a spotty YTS boy bodging it on aero style.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought that was the case. Nick the next time you see the guy can you get a rough price from him. Also does he come to you??

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
The guy is based in Suffolk - will try and get hold of him on monday for you...

With 25% on the front and darker on the backs you really struggle to tell the difference if it is done well.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
My sister has an imported pickup with the 'extra cab' thing, 4 seats. The rear windows are tinted and the front windows have a tint fading out to towards the front so the tint ends about level with the front seat passengers ears.
It looks cool but sitting in the front takes a bit of getting used to as you feel like your side vision is sort of blurred, or there's something in your eye. Wierd. :)

I'd go for rears only on mine.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Paid about £220 for my veccie. 20% rear and 35% front. Doesn't really affect visibility from inside car.

Was talking to a guy at meet recently though and he works for tinting firm and reckoned that any tints at front gonna be illegal soon (obviously, referring to front sides). Dont know if this was correct or not though.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Lisa. Just posted in there to revive what was started.

·
Registered
154 Posts
got the rear window and 3/4's tinted blackas standard on a red un, looks really good but it doesn't half make reversing at speed difficult at night:drivin: :p

·
Registered
95 Posts
got back and rear done at present, getting front sorted soon, last car was completly tinted that was a scorpio had it done about 10yrs ago, only one argument with insurance who claimed it was a mod tried stinging me another £200, at the end of the day use a firm that does limo's they will install limo black back and rear sides and midnight blue front you would never know the difference, just like wearing a pair of shades

·
Registered
554 Posts
done mine myself, only sides not done back, easy job just be patient. I do find myself opening the window a little when pulling out of a junction

·
Registered
475 Posts
their is a new law out there with regards to window tinting
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WINDOW TINT THE FRONT WINDOWS ANY MORE !!!

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
what happens if they are alreadt tinted? i thought it was 25% for the front, getting mine done 50 and takin the risk

·
Registered
475 Posts
my window tinter told me this
i dont know how true it is but i suppose it must be true
otherwise he would be doing him self out of bussiness !!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts