Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BigBoy
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info please dudes
I need to change the front and back wiper blades on my GTT , i aint got mega bucks, but dont want cheapo nasty blades so i cant see when its raining, so any advice as to what size to get, or brand, or where from, etc !
:)
ta

Stuie :dance: :naughty: :naughty:

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
I've got them ^^^ on, good wipers! Just be sure to confirm the size before buying as when i bought mine from ebay, also listed as Skyline wipers, they were about half the size i needed and i had to wait for an extra week while they were returned and the correct size sent out.

You should also be able to find them and the rear one in any old Halfrauds or motor factors.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
22" fronts and 17.5" max rear, and whilst the Bosch units wipe ok there are problems with them.

You need to do a Garth impression to get them to lock into place properly, my first set parted company with the car the first time I went over 60mph. When I returned them to Halfords they fitted them as they said they new of the problem, it took 3 staff 10 minutes to get them to lock into place properly, and then I ended up doing it for them having been explained the problem!

The second problem is they are shite after just a few months use, I'm on the second set in a year, so I'm going for the Piaa Silicon blades next time around, not cheap but they were superb on my Merc, one set in the 8 years I had it!

Aitch

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
22" fronts and 17.5" max rear, and whilst the Bosch units wipe ok there are problems with them.

You need to do a Garth impression to get them to lock into place properly, my first set parted company with the car the first time I went over 60mph. When I returned them to Halfords they fitted them as they said they new of the problem, it took 3 staff 10 minutes to get them to lock into place properly, and then I ended up doing it for them having been explained the problem!

The second problem is they are shite after just a few months use, I'm on the second set in a year, so I'm going for the Piaa Silicon blades next time around, not cheap but they were superb on my Merc, one set in the 8 years I had it!

Aitch
Had no such problems with mine. Clicked straight in and still fine after a years worth of Scottish weather.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Well, I can only speak as I find, the one's I bought were the Super Plus versions or something like that, and I found two sets wore very quickly. (I do live on the coast so very salty air, don't know if that has any bearing) Admittedly when you realise how much pressure is required to lock them ito place you know to listen for the click next time.

As a footnote, even the Halfords staff advised not to buy them as they'd had numerous problems..and at nearly £30 for a pair I prefer to try the Piaa's next, will report back.

Aitch

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
i have fitted loads of bosch wipers from halfords and had wipe problems so i bought the cheapest ones in halfords i could get last time round and they are fine...just universals, i get wiper lift at around 120mph but i guess thats a R32 trait?

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Another bizarre thread :D

I have double wipers on mine, useless but fun ;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Aitch,

Can you elaborate on how to fit the wipers properly?

I have those Bosch wipers and they sprung off on the way back from the Pod. After a couple of miles of use I can see them starting to slide off again so I have to get out (in the rain!) and give them another yank back into position.

How did you fix it? I was about to weld the b**tard thing on!!

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Aitch,

Can you elaborate on how to fit the wipers properly?

I have those Bosch wipers and they sprung off on the way back from the Pod. After a couple of miles of use I can see them starting to slide off again so I have to get out (in the rain!) and give them another yank back into position.

How did you fix it? I was about to weld the b**tard thing on!!
put the clip on and pull like mad till it clicks really

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It really is a matter of brute force, they really do clunk into place if you give them some real welly. There's no mistaking the positive sound of them locking into place, it's just that it takes a lot more effort than any other wiper I've used. If you don't get the clunk you aint got them fixed..mine took so much force I was sure I'd break something.

Aitch

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'll give it a good tug and let you know. I really thought it had clicked into place tho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts