Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered Chump
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

on the r33 there is a bit of plastic that sits between the windscreen and the plastic thing that the windscreen wipers sit in.

whats it called and where do i get one

·
Registered
75 Posts
As stuart says... it's all much of a muchness as it does dick all but if you are like me you want it to look right.... I hate it when things don't look right LOL

·
THAT WINDSCREEN BLOKE
977 Posts
It's part of the scuttle and isn't sold seperatly. They perish, dry out and shrink. They DO actually form a loose seal across the bottom edge of the windscreen, designed to channel rain water away. It also stops debris ( leaves and stuff) from finding its way into the cavity where your wiper mechanism is housed and blocking up the drainage holes. Many people think when their car has wet carpets the screen is leaking, but most of the time the drainage holes are blocked and the water level rises and finds its way into the car behind the dash.

I removed the perished bit ( leaving the scuttle in place) and ran a line of sealant across the top to seal it up.

Another alternative would be to find something like a Primera or something similar, and use the part from its scuttle, it only held on with double sided tape.

As your resident windscreen fitter, I've come across a few!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts