Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been informed today that winter tyres are now required in Munster and on the spot fines for not having them fitted during the bad weather

Great stuff just had new Marangoni mythos fitted all round and cant wait to have to pay out again for winter tyres

whats the smallest wheel size that will fit on a 34 gtt

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
standard size was 17 inch mate

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see the sense obviously but didnt see it comming lol she will have to be parked up until i can get some other rims not gona pay for 18s in winter style

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
If you've got standard brakes won't some 16" 32 GTR standard forged wheels fit on? Seen them going pretty cheap on pistonheads......

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
maybe consider something like 205/55/16 winter tyres and some cheap used 16 rims

do they still use road salt in munster ?

·
Forum Gypo
309 Posts
Here in Germany you can only put the tyre size on your vehicle which is stated in your vehicle registration papers, ( fahrzeugschein). For a R34 GTT it is 225 X 55 x 17", at least thats what it says in my papers.
Greetz Tony.

PS, by the way, winter tyres are very hard to get at the mo, everywhere is sold out due to the weather and the new regulations,. I've had to order some today, not due in till next week at the earliest.:mad:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe consider something like 205/55/16 winter tyres and some cheap used 16 rims

do they still use road salt in munster ?
No just that black grit stuff that fills my rear bumper and takes ages to get out with a hose

·
Forum Gypo
309 Posts
HaHa,

·
Registered
67 Posts
shame you cant get away with using these after all they are German made and TUV approved but apparently only good for UK roads
http://www.perrys.co.uk/car-news/articles/2010/11/vauxhall-says-snow-socks-more-efficient-than-winter-tyres-2389.php
:funny: must be a funny look with those socks on a SKY ....I bed the police would definetely pull Ya out.

Anyway, just to add the legal stuff, if someone still uses summer tyres in "Krautland"
FINE: if Tyres are not showing the M+S Symbol (mud + snow)
it is 40 € plus one point on the license,
if causing an accident then it´s 80 €.

German insurances may reduce the liability /damage compensation if non appropriate tyres are mounted.

EXPLANAITION:
the new regulations apply as follows:
Wintertyres are recognized by the SNOWFLAKE as well with the M+S (Mud + Snow) Symbol on the Tyre.
As soon as temperatures over the freezing point and no ice or snowlayers are even on minor roads, then regular tyres are allowed to be used. It is not enough if just the main roads are free from ice and snow.
The whole weather conditions apply and as soon as freezing degrees are measured, no summer tyres are to be used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts