Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was supposed to get this sorted aaaages ago, but didnt get the time until now.......how the bloody hell do you wire up a stereo in the R32!?????? I have the standard wire loom, a bunch of other wires, a thick blak wire and two completely random wires!
when i connect up the convertor (nissan ->stereo) the head unit just wont power up :(

is it because i have a squillion spare wires?!...i took some fotos of what i have...

http://stylaz.20megsfree.com/blkwire.JPG
http://stylaz.20megsfree.com/block.JPG

also, there is a "bump" under the carpet in near the passenger seat....about 4cm high...25cm long..15cm wide....is that supposed to be there???

annnnny help is appreciated guys...im determined to fit it myself!!

merry christmas

phrozen

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Phrozen-lad,

I had the same troubles with my motor. The two pin thing I think is the jap aerial connector. The other block you have doesn't look jap, back left is another plug in mine. If you go to halfords, buy an iso connector (about £8), it makes things easier, almost like a plug and play!!

Not hundred percent sure. To much guinness and all that.

Off to watch the end of stuart little

Moff

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheerz moff, bought a iso connector......the unit doesnt power up :| and the unit worked fine in my xedos 6!

WHAT!!!!!! stuart little is on??????.....laters!

phrozen

·
Registered
74 Posts
i had to mod my nissan iso adapter as it wasnt powering up, tho when i moved the wires around it kept popping the fuse so i ran a permanent supply from the battery to it, you will need a multimeter to find out the perm live and switched live.

·
Registered
74 Posts
also the black connector with 2 pins on is the ariel connector. i managed to get an adapter to that converts male to femail ariels on normal cars and stuck that plug on the end of it and it works fine

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheerz ant!
"you will need a multimeter to find out the perm live and switched live".......who....what ....where .....when!

how do i distinguish between the tow? and when modding the iso connector, do i match the original skyline wires to the code written on the stereo?

thanks guy....i kno im goin at the speed of treacle! sorry

phrozen

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
when wiring up my tv/dvd stereo i had to splise the live wire to the chassis as well as the head unit, then everthing worked, had to scratch my head a few times and shouted at the stereo, as i thought it was broke, but all is well now, try it with yours

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
yes took me hours to figure it out, just get another wire and just splise into it and i screwed it to the frame of the stereo cage, let me know how it goes!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will do my friend!
i was thinking...would that make the cage of the stereo live?

or am i completely rong! (<- the usual scenario!)

phrozen

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
actually it could of been the earth wire thinkning about it!!!!!! s**t try the earth wire first splising it and connecting it to the cage and chassis!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok :) im on the case :)

hmmmmm where is the earth wire :| ????????

ooooh this skyline is a bastard 2 install a stereo into!!

phrozen

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
tell me about it, dont know about yours but there was so many wiries behind there, if u have the universal jap sockets nd plugs to go in the back then its ok, as the earth is then easy to find, but without lookng i cant remember, sorry

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I would not advise you put a live feed to the body of the stereo, unless you want smoked skyline for tea. The stereeo chasis is earth and needs to be earthed to a good earth on the car chasis.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its ok sco-j, do have any idea what colour the wire is?

buster, i duno about smoked skyline...but i eat smoked beemers for breakfast....ok..that didnt sound as good as it did in my head!

so il earth it to sum bolt on the chassis of the car yeh?

i can wire up a house no problem...but this R32 is just stupid! any ideas about this mysterious "bump" in the passanger footwell?

thanks guys....ur all legends!

phrozen

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
my theory is dont look at teh bump as it might be a bad thing, as i got one on my R34, and yeah earth the baby up, if that doesnt work then i'm not sure withouty taking my stereo out, and what colours do u have

·
has a large tool
1,467 Posts
thats the jobby i bought as well, thought they were taking the piss, until they tried it and it fitted then i thanked them greatly

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i yanked the phono connectors n it moved....:|
yeh...i was afraid.....very afraid..

sco-j i TRIED to see wot it was.....but its under this round plastic thing!! and i can tell you that the carpet is VERY securly attached to the car!

buster, i doubt it was any stash..n think about it, even it was, it wud probably be sushi.....n do i want sushi for christmas dinner???? nooooope!

beach boy, i checked on stylinegts.co.uk and it says that the micra 4 speaker connector is for R33's and the "all nissans" connector works on R32's :) well......in theory they do!

cheerz guys

phrozen

1 - 20 of 35 Posts