Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Partner just got me an early birthday present - 2 day course at eurospec with the efi university!! Rock on! what a chick :cuddle:

anyone else doing this on may2nd/3rd? I cant wait :dogpile:

its only the basic course but it will let me get onto the advanced course afterward - from there I should have a pretty good foundation for mapping and tuning my own cars :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Congrats mate, exciting stuff, Eurospec is where I take my Car for servicing and MOT's they are helpful guys!

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah Ben seemed like a really sound guy and he was really up for talking about mapping but the majority of ppl around lost interest when he started getting slightly techy but I were just riveted lol! Got about 10 webpages open now swotting up and a jeff hartman book sat at my side hehehehe!

Cant wait to get my head around all this stuff - really feel like I've taken a stepping stone to something I've always wanted to do. Ben is fitting 550cc injectors and a map2ecu to my car this week (if you pop by mine is the red 33gtst in his workshop) - I''m hoping for some decent results!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
What a geek, lol, you obviously have a passion for it. Last time I was down there getting my car serviced there was a Mitsubushi VR4 meet, it was packed! Say hello to Ben and the guys down there from me (clean white r33, lol)!

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
yes ant is a geek :)

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
did the course over the wkend gone and it was ace - got me a little certificate too lol! Hoping to do the advanced one in 6months time and gonna be swotting up until then and hoping to get a bit of supported dyno time in the near future if I can persuade a friendly tuner with money and beers :)
thoroughly recommend it for anyone interested anyway :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hi Anthony

I was down at Eurospec getting a few bits done to my car and I saw you baby up on the dyno, did you get the problems sorted in the end, was it the wiring loom?

·
Drift Moderator
1,935 Posts
Awesome stuff. I've looked at that a few times but didn't have the time and money so ended up buying and reading a shedload of books over the winter gone instead. I got pretty much every one off of amazon and that Jeff Hartman book is without doubt the best one. I think it would have been a bit too in depth for me if I'd read it first but after a few other lower level books it was the perfect one to bring it all together.

The vems and microsquirt forums are really interesting places if you are getting into it. Even if you dont use those ecu's they are so bare bones and diy that they get right to the nitty gritty and you learn loads reading the threads.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool stuff cheers Royal - at present I've been re-reading through the efi101 math stuff and I know its pretty much what the engine does but I wanted to get my head around it so I know the sums off by heart lol! That way if I ever needed to work something out on paper I would have a good idea of how to go about it. I also wanna write my own base fuel table software at home for a laugh but one thats connected to a visual representation of a 3d engine in maya :)

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks mate, Its a pretty cool course - you learn some really mad stuff - its quite math heavy and at present I'm swotting up on it all alot as I want the math to stick in my head. This is stuff that the ECU does for you tbh - but its nice to know whats happening. Every time I put my foot down now all I see are the numbers being calculated - its like seeing your car in matrix-vision hahaha!

hoping to do the advanced course in the latter half of the year if money permits - then Eurospec in Guildford actually let you use their dyno (obviously paying by the half day or something) but it'd be cool to be able to tune up my own car all by myself :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts