Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I've done a 13 hour shift. I started at 10am and finish at 11pm. I am seriously ****ing tired, so tired I'm worried about my drive home. To make it worse the little pub slut that came in at 1pm got to go home at 9pm and he's all 'oh I'm so worn out', **** off ****, you've spent most of your shift having *** breaks and singing badly. I could seriously punch someone in the head right now.

·
Registered
535 Posts
That's a normal day for some of us....
Indeed!
A friend of mine started his own business about 4 years ago and since then until a month ago he's been working 70h/week. Let's just say that he's not in top mental health anymore :spank:

·
Thinks he can Drift
2,619 Posts
my weekends:

up at 5:30

Work for 6:30 to get changed
6:45 - handover.
7:00 - shift begins
19:30 - shift ends, 40 patients later, average of 4/5 admits and discharges and once every now and again one of them dies which is really inconviniant.
19:40 - leave work.

20:00 - arive at work 2
serve drunk people alcohol. every now and again some of these have fights or take drungs and try and die. this is just plain inconsiderit!
01:30 - work 2 ends
02:00 - sleep

06:00 - awake and drive to job 3

08:00 - job 3 starts
sell people mobile phones
17:30 stop selling mobile phones
18:30 - get home and eat and get changed very quickly

19:00 back at the hospital for another 12 and a half hour nightshift - i hope nobody dies

last year this was my average weekend :) - thanks for paying us feck all for working 40-50 hours a week as a student nurse!

oh and my longest shift was 19.5 hours... started at 7:00 on a double shift E/L and was due to finish at 21:30 (15.5 hours later)... at 20:40 a patient had a cardiac arrest and we had 5 admits waiting and 2 discharges. by the time I finished my paper work and stuff it was 1am ish... i was back in 5 or so hours later so I just went to sleep in the day room! thank god I love my job lol

Tex mate, what do you do? lol

·
On the other side of the world in a 5.4ltr V8!
1,191 Posts
regularly did 100hrs in 5 days.

The pub trade is hell in that respect. But I loved it and wouldnt of changed it!

·
Registered
147 Posts
by the sounds of it i'm glad I chose to be a designer/developer :) I get to draw all day! and then play on the computer oh and then maybe make some tea.

I also get to go home at 5.30 every day and don't touch weekends

·
Hello
1,540 Posts
PMSL - sorry to hear you all have to work so hard!

I work 8.30 to 5pm Mon-Fri and can work from home as often as I like. Frankly my boss doesn't worry what hours I work, just as long as I'm hitting my sales target. Then again, if I don't hit target I get put in the firing line, quite literally... :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts